• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Achilles Pain & Bike Setup
  • rebel12
    Free Member

Hi, new on here so go easy :o)

I’ve been off biking for the best part of a year due to a snowboard shoulder injury but now that’s recovered super keen to get out and ride as much as possible this year.

Popped out to the Peak District this weekend for some riding on the snow. Only problem (and I’ve had similar before about 2 years ago) is that about an hour into the ride, then the achilles in my left leg starts to hurt like hell. Sometimes this comes on slowly, like a dull ache and burning and sometimes, like at the weekend it seems to come on very suddenly – particularly after climbing steeply for a while.

Obviously I’m going to rest it for a bit but until it feels fine but I don’t want to have a recurring niggle like this spoiling my biking, particularly after so long off the bike.

I’m going to get it checked out by a physio this week but I’m guessing that there is a possibility that poor bike set up, sizing or positioning may be contributing to the problem?

Does anyone know whether there are any bike fitting centre’s/shops in the UK who are qualified to give advise on bike setup and matching a persons individual biomechanics to their bike set up?

Obviously I’m guessing that there are a few online guides but I’m guessing that a qualified bike set up person would be able to provide a much more tailored service.

Cheers, and look forward to riding with some of you guys/girls soon.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Achilles Pain & Bike Setup’ is closed to new replies.