Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Acer Aspire One won't turn on
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

I have an acer aspire one netbook that I use to play my itunes library through a speaker dock thing. For some reason the netbook won’t switch on. power supply is plugged in and there are no lights on the netbook at all – i.e. no charge indicator light.

I’m thinking its either the power supply or the battery and as the power supply is cheap to replace then I could try that first. A search on google throws up all sorts of other possible causes though.

Any ideas? Thanks.

alfabus
    Free Member

Not quite the same problem, but my acer aspire one battery only lasted about a year before it wouldn’t hold more than about 25% charge. I put it down to our erratic use, sometimes leaving it plugged in for days, sometimes only using small amounts then plugging it back in – we hardly ever discharged it.

I bought a new battery from ‘ATekCity’ on amazon marketplace.

Dave

wwaswas

try starting it with no battery in place.

On mine, also, the pin that’s supposed to go in the middle of the power adapter when it’s plugged in has snapped off inside the Acer case so the power supply doesn’t connect properly.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’ve tried it with no battery in and no joy. Would be surprised if the pin is broken as its not unplugged from the supply very often. Think a new power supply is the place to start. How much was a new battery Dave?

alfabus
    Free Member

my new battery was £25 posted.

if yours doesn’t start with the battery out, then the battery is probably not at fault. I’m pretty sure mine runs fine with no battery.

Dave

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Acer Aspire One won't turn on’ is closed to new replies.