Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • AC/DC Okay at work?
  • nick-no-balance
    Free Member

After watching the news last week, I wondered if is still okay to play AC/DC in the work place?

john_drummer
    Free Member

what news was that? somebody turn out to be a wrong ‘un?

If you’re talking about the Phil Rudd conspiracy to hit man / murder thing, those charges were dropped. Or am I missing something?

nedrapier

If it was OK last week, it’s OK this week.

Depends how closely anyone’s likely to listen to the lyrics, and how prudish they might be!

ElShalimo

I was on a campsite in the Dolomites and they were playing AC/DC very loud on a loop in the toilet/shower/laundry block
    The next day it was Muse on 24hr loop, equally loud
    The day after it was some Euro Industrial metal crap
    I found out the bloke who was in charge of the site was the guilty party. He played it whilst cleaning the block and left it on all day for others to “enjoy”. So he’d say yes!

mudshark
    Free Member

I salute anyone about to play AC/DC in work.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Hells Bells man, dont be such a Ball Breaker. Rock n Roll ain’t no noise pollution, I’m Thunderstuck you want blood.

Edit … I could continue but won’t 🙂

john_drummer
    Free Member

user name “Ro5ey” on an AC/DC thread, very appropriate 🙂

42 39 56 etc

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Yeah …

I wear shorts all year long

But ain’t got a Gibson SG 🙁

🙂

nick-no-balance
    Free Member

I think he is still facing threatening to kill and drugs charges.

We are still playing them.

martymac

I went into a pub in dunkeld where the barman had hayseed dixie playing on a loop, as the owner wouldn’t let him play ac/dc.

MoreCashThanDash

Given the thread title, I’m a bit disappointed.

But the answer is obviously “Yes”. Friends had “Ballbreaker” as the first dance at their wedding.

Cougar

Tediously boring but factually correct answer: Not unless you’ve got PRS and PPL licences to play music in public.

jimjam
    Free Member

I have to ask, why wouldn’t AC/DC be okay to play at work? (assuming the op doesn’t work in a christian bookstore or something).

Part time drummer of a rock band famous for singing about sex, murder, hell, booze goes off the rails and is arrested for possessing drugs and making threats of violence. I don’t see how that would really taint or stigmatize the bands music.

It’s not as if they’re a band of predatory pedophiles who sing about peace, love and healing the world.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘AC/DC Okay at work?’ is closed to new replies.