Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • According to today's news, the most nutritious food item in history is…
  • Kryton57

A McDouble cheeseburger. Yep, that’s right.

But just on case your common sense flew out the window, here’s a counter argument. McLentils

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Well it depends on your point of view. For those of us with the luxury of choice and abundance, eating burgers is probably frowned upon when there are healthier alternatives.

If you only have a dollar or two a day to spend on food, and even this isn’t consistent, cheeseburgers are pretty much perfect – full of energy and the major food groups 🙂

Kryton57

Except as demonstrated by the article of course.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hungry now!

scotroutes

Mike Hall got the round-the-world cycle record by eating them so there!

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Don’t believe everything you read

DezB
    Free Member

New York Post columnist Kyle Smith has giddily praised the McDouble not only as an unsung wonder but also as a wonderful way for people to eat cheaply and healthfully. In his nearly-800-word opinion…

Huh? One idiot journo says it, so it’s scientific fact?

(+ the main point of it is it’s cheap – the word you omit from your thread title…)

scotroutes

And another idiot journo tries to disprove him.

Ah well, I suppose it all adds to the click-count.

binners

AND… if you’ve got a fiver, you can have 5 of them at once, thus 5 times the yummy nutritional goodness!

Or alternatively you could have 10 Greggs sausage rolls.

Thats a pretty bloody tough call! Life’s full of dilemmas eh?

andytherocketeer

Hungry now!

That’s how you feel about 30 minutes after eating a big mac (or about 40 minutes if you go large). Dunno what they put in them that makes you ravenous again so quickly.

Spose the sesame seeds have something nutritional.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

AND… if you’ve got a fiver, you can have 5 of them at once, thus 5 times the yummy nutritional goodness!

I think the double cheeseburger is off the 99p menu now binbins 🙁

spacemonkey
    footflaps

In terms of calories per pence, low quality food eg super market own brand biscuits etc are always better value. Only problem is they’re not at all good for you…..

footflaps

That’s how you feel about 30 minutes after eating a big mac (or about 40 minutes if you go large). Dunno what they put in them that makes you ravenous again so quickly.

If you read Fast Food Nation, they explain the whole industry in developing additives / flavouring to make them taste nice and also make you feel hungry. It’s a very ruthlessly scientific business.

zilog6128

You still keen on a McD?

That article is confusing but it can’t be talking about the UK. The so-called “pink-slime” is not legal to use in foodstuffs here. I believe it’s banned by the EU as well.

binners

Oh look, how completely upredictable – A thread about prole-food. Best look down my nose and post up articles from effing years ago about the kind of crap its only legal to put in food if you live in in shitsville, Idaho!

Do you get money off vouchers for your Observor food supplement recommended, organic, free range, workers co-operative deli every time you post it? 🙄

footflaps

Do you get money off vouchers for your Observor food supplement recommended, organic, free range, workers co-operative deli every time you post it?

yes, doesn’t everyone?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Except as demonstrated by the article of course.

I gave up on that article as soon as they decided fat was a bad thing.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

buy 3 and do this

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

😡

My appetite just disappeared.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Looks like that burger’s got an abscess 😀

scotroutes

And the supposed link between eggs and cholesterol levels.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Yup that too!

zilog6128

And the supposed link between eggs and cholesterol levels.

AFAIK eggs (and other healthy fats) help to increase your levels of HDL cholesterol (which is a good thing). Of course, the other crap in mcmuffins will increase your LDL cholesterol, which is not so good.

scotroutes

Did you read the article and the reference to eggs and cholesterol?

KonaTC

randomjeremy

…and the major food groups

Sugar, Salt and Fat Mmm…

zilog6128

Did you read the article and the reference to eggs and cholesterol?

Only far enough to see they didn’t differentiate between the types or acknowledge that it is vital for life function 🙂

binners

So if you bought a double cheeseburger and put an egg on it, would it make it better or worse? Nutritionally speaking*.

And what if you had a diet Coke with it? Diet coke can absorb, then destroy at least half the calories in any meal. This is scientific fact

* if it made it better taste-wise, we’d be buying double eggburgers in maccy D’s already. Lets stick with nutrition

zilog6128

Depends how you cooked the egg. I like an egg in a burger sometimes actually!

brooess
    Free Member

I don’t understand how we’ve got to a situation where people appear to be happy to make themselves ill en-masse…

Is being healthy really such an unattractive idea to so many people?

fasthaggis

I don’t understand how we’ve got to a situation where people appear to be happy to make themselves ill en-masse…

because

It’s a very ruthlessly scientific business.

We are easily fooled primates 🙂

binners

Clearly!

I think the point of this (which somewhat unusually for here has been jettisoned some time ago) is that if you’ve got a quid, you can have a double cheesburger from Macdonalds, or half an iceburg lettuce from Tesco.

But seeing as there are trace elements of said iceburg lettuce on the double cheeseburger, yet not one shred of processed cheese or tomato sauce, never mind sesame seeds in the lettuce, then you’d have to be an absolute idiot of the highest order to opt for half of a green crispy football 😀

pondo

Heavily hungover on a Saturday morning, it sounds like a spiffing plan.

glupton1976
    Free Member

I like a McDonalds now and again. All those people on that article who are saying you could eat boiled rice and lentils as a cheaper more nutritious food source. Aye – I could also wipe my arse on a rough cast wall instead of using toilet paper. Utter bullshit by folk who would never eat boiled rice or lentils as a staple food – on its own.

grum
    Free Member

if you’ve got a quid, you can have a double cheesburger from Macdonalds

It’s obviously a while since you’ve been in a McDonalds. Is this like when MPs pretend they go to Greggs all the time? 😛

I like a McDonalds now and again.

+1

It is shite though – but infinitely preferable to the utter rankness of KFC.

footflaps

if you’ve got a quid, you can have a double cheesburger from Macdonalds

They still do cheeseburgers for 99p every so often or so I see on posters. Not that you’d ever see me in McDs, I’m a burger snob so only go to Burger King, which is a completely difference offering 😉

glupton1976
    Free Member

Aye, it’s shite, but it’s not as shite as gruel.

fasthaggis

Just around the corner 🙂

grum
    Free Member

Burger King burgers are a lot nicer but the chips are no good.

Aye, it’s shite, but it’s not as shite as gruel.

New Maccy Ds marketing slogan?

binners

It’s obviously a while since you’ve been in a McDonalds. Is this like when MPs pretend they go to Greggs all the time?

Its really not you know. But I always get a Happy Meal because I like the toys 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘According to today's news, the most nutritious food item in history is…’ is closed to new replies.