Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Accomodation near to Helvellyn – Lake District
  • brack
    Free Member

Hi there

Any reccomendations for accomodation near to Helvellyn? We are up there next weekend.

Bunkhouses, hostels etc

Cheeeep as poss is the key factor.

Ta

lowey
    firestarter
    Free Member

there is the patterdale youth hostel between patterdale and glenridding. Bunk houses a a few miles down road at pub by brothers water. Loads of decent b and bs im in one next weekend but no bike . I got married in inn on the lake at glenridding a fortnight ago but its a bit steep for non special occasions 🙂

lowey

Somewhere in between the Inn on the Lake and the YHA is the Patterdale Hotel. I stay there with the family twice a year and its reasonable and good. Food is great and they have Tirril Ales on.

alexonabike

Not sure if it is open to groups only but if you are a member of the BMC you may be able to get into the Dunmail Raise hut.

antigee

depending on numbers for out of season weekends
    http://www.hartsop-fold.co.uk/

plus can do a day over for not much more than a weekend

might be a bit on the quiet side for some tastes – but you can save money by not going to the pub as its 1 hr walk each way to either Patterdale or The Brotherswater

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Camping barns are about the next cheapest to camping, this one is on the slopes of Helvellyn at Greenside Mine (£7 pn). I recall it's not very well insulated, so you need a decent sleeping bag and duvet jacket.

Swirrel camping barn

Otherwise, there's the YHA about 10yrds away, someone has linked to above (approx £15 pn if you're not a member).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Accomodation near to Helvellyn – Lake District’ is closed to new replies.