Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Accommodation recommendations – afan / brechfa
  • charliemort

Any recommendations for somewhere to stay accessible to afan / brechfaAny, also near beer and maybe curry?

Thanks!

MarkiMark
    Free Member

Hiya. Me and the chaps usually stay at a place called the Green Lantern Guest House. It’s a 5 minute drive from Afan, or a good warm up if cycling.

The good bit is that it has a restaurant attached to the side of it with a bar, so you don’t need to drive anywhere in the evening.

http://www.greenlanterns.co.uk/

Cheers, Mark

diablocableguy

The Afan Lodge was really good to me and my mate when we stayed there, great rooms, nice food, and secure bike lock up as well.

will
    Free Member

If you don’t mind camping Glyncorwygg Ponds campsite is what you want.

At the start of Afan trails, £5 pnpp, resturant open till 10:30pm and do beers, you can have camp fires. Just stayed there over Easter and it was brilliant, showers, washing and bike storage also.

If you would rather have a roof over your head then Bryn Teg Guest House in Cymer is good, and only a 5 min ride to the trails.

superfli
    Free Member

+1 for Green Lanterns! Steaks next door are first class too (get the ribeye)

Kryton57

+1 for Bry Teg. Give Jenny a call. We were their the week before last, the last week of sunshine, and my 6th visit to Rose cottage.

Cottage are £270 / number of people, so if you get six its £45 plus food over at the pub for 4 days. Great facilities and self catering.

If you do go to the Railway Inn, ask for the Lumpy Bumpy, but bear in mind the waitress is the landlords daughter 😳

timnwild

For Brechfa – we stayed here:

http://www.penygraigcottage.com/mtb.html

Owner was lovely, house is great for a rental (cable TV, great stereo, all proper cooking facilities, loads of fridges, cleaning room etc) and was about ten minutes drive from Brechfa, a bit further from Cym Rheader.

Loads of nice pubs a short drive/ride away, but nothing on the doorstep.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Accommodation recommendations – afan / brechfa’ is closed to new replies.