Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Accommodation near Cannock Chase for 10+ peeps?!
  • RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Cottage, bunkhouse, wooden hut?

Anything at all?

Thanks and regards and a hug that lingers just a little too long..

digga
    Free Member

Not sure how many they can accommodate, but this is in the right place for the trails: http://www.willow-end.com/home.html

jekkyl
    RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Thanks. We did consider that travel lodge thingy. I’m not sure how they’ll react to muddy bikes being dragged into the rooms :-/

Any other suggestions anyone?!

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Not to be too bitchy but are you sure you want to make that much effort for the chase?

jekkyl

I’ll bet they are well used to bikers comign to the lodges from the chase, give em a ring and ask. and there are bike washes at the chase.

emac65
    Free Member

How about this place Very close to the Chase,great food & nice country pub..

EDIT – Not sure if they’re fully open until the summer though,I heard last year they were going to be doing this so assumed it would be open.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Fr0sty – well I wouldn’t perhaps make that much effort on my own but I’m taking a group of mostly newbie work mates. Tbh they’re just as keen on being away for a night and drinking loads of beer as they are on riding!

We recently had a trip to Dalby and stayed over – one third of the group dropped out after 6 miles, another third after a further 6 miles and that left the actual real bikers to complete it and ride back to Pickering!

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Hmm those pods look interesting. I’d be happy in one but I’m not sure the rest would!

jekkyl

Lol 6 miles. ‘Quick this cycling is shit, back to the BAR,’

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

So… We went back in March and stayed in the Rugely travelodge which itself was fine and functional. However, Rugely itself wasn’t quite so welcoming in terms of evening beer and food.

We’re planning on returning to Cannock soon so.. Any further suggestions for accommodation for up to ten people’s?!?

Ta

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Anyone?!

scruff
    Free Member

Well if you want a town nearish the Chase, Lichfield is the ‘nicest’ for a night out. Stafford is OK. Rugeley and Cannock are both small ex mining towns.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Accommodation near Cannock Chase for 10+ peeps?!’ is closed to new replies.