Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Accidentally unscrewed damper on fox forks and…
  • creamegg
    Free Member

The damper oil pi**ed out everywhere. Can I top it up with fresh 10wt red oil and re-screw the damper adjustment knob back on or do I need to take the damper rod out and follow the fox damper service steps from half way?

Junkyard
    Free Member

I assume you can just replace the oil bit it is probably not best practice.
    its probably what I would do if they had been serviced recently

creamegg
    Free Member

Service? Erm, well it’s been a few years

Junkyard
    Free Member

Oh in that case they will be fine

Fox are known for their long service intervals 😉

Basically you have released the oil from the damper so really all you need to do is replace it- Can you get the bolt back through easily – this can be fiddly on them. If so bung in some oil and ride as any damage will be done by now 😉

Without the sarcasm replace the oil it will be fine- you need to be certain you have all the oil out which requires compression iirc
    This may require the forks coming apart as the leg tends to stay in when compressed

creamegg
    Free Member

I service the seals and do the lower oil change on a regular (ish) basis. The forks are currently in bits with the air spring removed and from what i can see the forks are in good condition. Not a mark or any wear on the stanchions and the oil always cones out crystal clear. The damper adjustment knob went back in fine.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Accidentally unscrewed damper on fox forks and…’ is closed to new replies.