Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Accident footage…could have been a lot worse
  • robbo1234biking

Saw this posted up on pistonheads….

Scary to think someone could go the wrong way down a slip and then just pull around a lorry!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK9-Ikcu0sY[/video]

Jamie
    Free Member

Whoops.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Could you please post this on some of the roadie threads just to show what they are up against?

dogbert
    Free Member

***DUMB COMMENT DELETED***

edit: Ignore that, just rewatched the video…..mabye it’s a bit 1984, but surely it makes sense to have this fitted to every car, in the event of accident there is no question where blame lies and much less fannying about with insurance companies and ambulance chasers

dazzlingboy

it makes sense to have this fitted to every car

Not every car, but fairly common in the US iirc. Insurance companies will lower premiums if you agree to have it fitted.

racefaceec90

😯 i hope everyone is ok.and that they sentence that idiot!

Sidney
    Free Member

Mainly fitted on US cars by manufacturers to exhonerate their vehicles in the event of litigation. They are quite basic and not required by law.

If they are fitted to every car would you pay for it?

richmtb

Normal behaviour from the average Corsa driver I’d have thought.

Seriously though what chance has any one got with muppets like this on the road

aP
    Free Member

Blimey. Was the lorry driver OK?

robbo1234biking

Think everyone came out of it OK but doenst say how bad the injuries were.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Looks like the car driver was a woman!
    http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/2191195?UserKey=

hora
    Free Member

Why didn’t the Corsa driver slam on when they saw the first lorry?

Why didn’t we see any smoke off their wheels at all?

I don’t care how old someone is. If you can get in behind the wheel you are old enough to be prosecuted fully.

Cougar

I don’t care how old someone is. If you can get in behind the wheel you are old enough to be prosecuted fully.

I think you’ve got that backwards.

We should have regular retests, to stop this from happening in the first place. What are you going to do, lock up a 70 year old for dangerous driving?

crazy-legs

We should have regular retests, to stop this from happening in the first place.

Political suicide. It’ll never happen, not while the “car is king” mentality is alive and well and everyone believes it’s their Divine Right to drive a car.

hora
    Free Member

Human nature dictates that we’ll drive as long as we can before someone else takes it away from us.

Yes people will listen to reason/family telling them its time to consider other options but others will just be bloody-minded I bet. Carry on until told to (or they physically can’t get into a car).

molgrips
    Free Member

Well done to the HGV driver for saving the Corsa driver’s life.

alexxx
    Free Member

Thats true, but it is MY devine right. peasants

mudshark
    Free Member

Wondering how the car driver managed to do that – looks to me from the map that one can only leave the dual carriage way at that junction, in either direction.

Edit – actually maybe can only join if going south.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

If the lorry driver had of used his mobile phone instead of paying attention he could of just ploughed straight over the car without rolling the wagon.

DezB
    Free Member

surely it makes sense to have this fitted to every car

and road bike… I’ve got just the thing.. 🙂

hora
    Free Member

If the lorry driver had of used his mobile phone instead of paying attention he could of just ploughed straight over the car without rolling the wagon

Or distracted stroking the dead prostitutes body on the passenger seat

dogbert
    Free Member

Carry on until told to (or they physically can’t get into a car)

A couple of years ago my wife was sitting at a little junction in an Asda car park, the back of her car was obscuring the space she had just come out of, not enough space to get past her and parked. A woman in a Micra decided she wanted that space and attempted to drive through the boot of my wifes car.

When the other driver got out my wife said it was like Yoda trying to find his walking stick. She had no idea what had happened and blamed my wife for not moving out of the way so she could get to the space.

I phoned the woman later on that night to exchange insurance, when I said to her i was phoning about her hitting my wifes car she said “oh no, I haven’t hit a white car today, i think it was blue” (it was silver) From the conversation we had it sounded like she did this quite regularly.

Unfortunately as people get older they become less and less aware of what’s going on around them, when they’re navigating through towns in 2 tons of metal and glass and they don’t know what day of the week it is, then they have to be regulated.

hora
    Free Member

So what happened with the insurers?

j_me
    Free Member

Nice bit of kit. Here’s some muppet mechanics taking someone’s Ferrari out for a joy ride…..they didn’t know about the camera.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZbQ_KOGBcQ[/video]

cranberry
    Free Member

A very lucky lorry driver looking at that – he didn’t miss that lamppost by much.

Cougar

Unfortunately as people get older they become less and less aware of what’s going on around them, when they’re navigating through towns in 2 tons of metal and glass and they don’t know what day of the week it is, then they have to be regulated.

No arguments here, though it’s not just the elderly that are the problem. I see people of all ages daily who are either oblivious to anything not directly in front of them or simply cannot drive.

hora
    Free Member

The question is – how old was the woman who caused this crash?

andyl
    Free Member

j_me – Member
    Nice bit of kit. Here’s some muppet mechanics taking someone’s Ferrari out for a joy ride…..they didn’t know about the camera.

Pretty sure that was a Monaro not a ferrari!

j_me
    Free Member

You are probably right !

andyl
    Free Member

Garage got in a bit of trouble and the Police ended up involved IIRC which was good given the speeds he was doing.

downshep

These devices will very likely become more widespread here. They can save a fortune in the long run as they stop legal arguments before they get to the expensive stage at court. Drivers are also more inclined to behave if they know one is fitted, reducing the risk of a crash in the first place.

I’d happily fit one if it reduced my premium.

spooky_b329

If you have an Android phone there is an app called Dailyroads Voyager. It turns the phone into a black box recorder, stick it on a windscreen sucker mount and it will constantly record clips, over-writing old ones in a big loop. An impact or touching the screen will save the clip along with optional stuff like speed, position, time etc.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, rather) the most interesting thing I’ve camptured so far is being right behind a traffic wombles car (highways agency) when they decided to stop the M25 in rush hour last week to retrieve some sheets of aluminium from Lane 4 🙂

I’ve been using it daily for several months now…cheap sucker mount is getting a bit tired and wobbly so going to buy a decent one next time. I’m more aware of my speed now that thing is quietly recording away 🙂

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Accident footage…could have been a lot worse’ is closed to new replies.