Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • accident advice?
  • jeffcapeshop
    Free Member

Car pulled out of a space and knocked me off the other day – damaged my forks and cranks – driver said they were at fault (no witnesses) and said they would pay, i didn’t do anything else

got a quote for £120 (very good price for the driver tbh!), the driver now says she’s willing to give me £50 as a “good will gesture”

what’s my next move? should i speak to the police now, threaten to speak to the police or just demand it goes through her insurance?

if she paid up i’m fine with it ending there, if not i’m fine with it dragging out painfully for all parties..

Simon

Insurance

crankboy
    Free Member

Insurance details now or police simply to obtain the details.

crazy-legs

Read this thread on the London Fixed-gear and Single-speed forum.

jeffcapeshop
    Free Member

cool, thanks – good lfgss thread! lots of things i should have done but didn’t..

project
    Free Member

http://www.bikeline.co.uk for lots of advice.

She has insurance to cover her damage to you and your bike, use it for that reason.

davenorth1
    Free Member

go through the insurance pal and claim some whiplash on top. nice little xmas present. don’t hate the player hate the game

fadda

go through the insurance pal and claim some whiplash on top. nice little xmas present. don’t hate the player hate the game

I hope this is a wind-up…

davenorth1
    Free Member

must be fadda’s mrs. bit touchy

cynic-al
    Free Member

troll, 1/10.

irc

£50? Point out to her that it’s £120 or you are going through her insurance and whether or not they accept liability it’s an accident for her and very likely increased premiums when she has to declare it at renewal time.

£120? Bargain. What is it with some people?

Drac

Ask him for full costs asking if he did report the accident to the Police as you’d hate him to get intro trouble for failing to report an accident.

rtaylor777
    Free Member

reading the above posts it appears that fadda’s mrs was driving the car–

or am I reading it wrong???

allthepies
    Free Member

Are you drunk ?

jameso

ie, driver fobbed you off at the time and now offers ‘goodwill’ – the cynic in me says you’ll never see the £50.
    Tell her it was on CCTV and you’re going to report the incident to the police, as you should have done at the time, maybe add something like that your foot is extremely painful too (but don’t tell that to the police!). I’m with davenorth1, play the game that they’ve started.
    Always get details at the scene and call the police if there is fault and damage. I like to give people the benefit of any doubt but in a traffic incident that would go instantly.

rtaylor777
    Free Member

Allthepipes.

I am deeply offended, I do not drink alcohol as I am a muslim. I have reported you to the moderator.

boblo
    Free Member

yawn

Frankenstein
    Free Member

She should be insured.

Report her to police and ask fir insurance details.

Claim for losses/damages.

No you should not claim for losses that did not occur.

Flaperon

I am deeply offended, I do not drink alcohol as I am a muslim. I have reported you to the moderator.

Merry Christmas.

rtaylor777
    Free Member

I’m tired too blobby. Big yawn.

Merry Xmas too flabbyone

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘accident advice?’ is closed to new replies.