Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Access to Whinlatter forest by car Lorton side only-or ride up from Thornthwaite
  • GaVgAs
    Free Member

“Whinlatter Pass Road Closure – Unfortunately the County Council have closed the B5292 road from Braithwaite side. They have discovered serious subsidence by Woodland House. The closure duration could be for a maximum of 21 days. Whinlatter Forest can be accessed via the Lorton side.
    Cyclewise Whinlatter will be open as usual 10-5pm 017867 78711
    #cyclewise #flooddamagecontinues @FCwhinlatter #patience”

biglee1

I cycled up from braithwaite last week when it was closed, asked the guys if I could come through the works bits but I would think that was a one off as they looked like they were prepping machinery to start work.
    The bridleway from Thronthwaite will get you up there ok and it`s a great fast ride back down there too 😀

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

I’d be riding up the bridleway, knocking off the North and South loop, dropping down the start of the blue route then back down the bridleway, then along to the Middle Ruddings for a pint.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Just ride up Gav you lazy bugger!!

jointhedotz
    Free Member

Barriers had been moved yesterday and you could squeeze thru

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Access to Whinlatter forest by car Lorton side only-or ride up from Thornthwaite’ is closed to new replies.