Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Accepting paypal payment in Euros
  • strike
    Free Member

I’ve sold a Fox remote lever to a buyer in Hungary (outside of ebay) – I sent him an invoice and he has just sent the money. I have the option to accept and then in either Euro’s (which the invoice was issued in) or GBP.

Which is best and is there a further fee if I accept it in Euro’s and then want to pay for something in GBP or withdraw in GBP?

deadkenny
    Free Member

You can accept Euros and have it go into a Euros balance in PayPal. Fees are the usual if you accept it as a business/trade transaction. None if marked as gift (with lack of protection obviously).

If you then pay for something in Euros from that balance then no conversion fees.

If you pay in GBP you’ll be hit with PayPal’s high conversion rate.

I would assume if you accept Euros as GBP you’ll get hit with the conversion rate also. The rate is usually much higher than credit cards.

I’ve got a bunch of Euros in PayPal just sitting there waiting for me to use them on something. Problem is it’s a small amount. If I buy something costing more then PayPal will charge me a lot to convert GBP to Euros for the remaining balance. Although I think I can insist they don’t convert and charge Euros to my credit card which may be cheaper.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Accepting paypal payment in Euros’ is closed to new replies.