Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Interesting Academic posting (if you like lap dancing)….any takers on here?
  • slowjo
    Free Member
    scaredypants

You will be mainly responsible for access and fieldwork

that's all very well, but who'd be working under me ?

cranberry
    Free Member

The government must have run out of sensible ways of spending taxpayers money.

That said, the qualitative research does sound enjoyable.

porterclough
    Free Member

Ignoring the obvious jokes, that seems a high salary for a research assistant doesn't it?

AndyP
    Free Member

Seems alright to me.

BigJohn

I think it would be quite hard.

finbar
    Free Member

When they say postgrad qualification i imagine they mean PhD rather than a masters or something. So £30k doesn't sound high to me. And presumably you'd need a ready supply of fivers out of that for tucking into their g-strings.

bereavementmonkey
    Free Member

sadly I probably wouldnt last more than 2mins in that job 😉

CaptJon
    Free Member

Leeds throw loads of money at their departments, hence why it is higher than average.

I knew someone who did a similar PhD, but they talked to the dancers. That project needs lots of ethnographic methods.

wonnyj
    Free Member

It's a postdoc, ie post-phd, position so the money seems fine.

fisha
    Free Member

part of me wonders whether the advert itself is the study into who responds.

GJP
    Free Member

I like the last sentence "prior experience of conducting research into the female sex industry". Does being a "john" count I wonder?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

a couple of the wife's old colleagues did similar research involving a lot of looking at pron, talking to people with 'interesting' sexual practices etc.

they were a Scandinavian married couple and both cross dressed, were openly Bi-Sexual and pretty much looked identical

weird stuff

🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Interesting Academic posting (if you like lap dancing)….any takers on here?’ is closed to new replies.