Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • AC joint ligament damage
  • PJM1974
    Free Member

After taking a nasty fall over the bars last week, I managed to fall shoulder first into the ground and damaged my ligaments.

Any idea how long it’ll take before I’ve full use of my shoulder back?

Onzadog
    Free Member

It can vary a lot. Has anyone graded the damage yet? My advice is to find a good physio/osteopath and don’t let anyone perform surgery. I did myself a grade one last may. Took about 6 weeks to get on the road bike. Still twinge occasionally but on the whole, back to normal. Good luck with it.

donsimon
    Free Member

Go see someone. I’ve just realised I’m pain free in my shoulder after an injury 10 months ago, it didn’t prevent me from doing too much butit wasn’t 100%.

PJM1974
    Free Member

The A&E Dept didn’t grade it, so I have no idea how bad it is. I’ve been icing it and taking ibuprofen, but I still have a lot of shoulder ache after a while. The only thing that alleviates it is to raise my arm for a few minutes, however as soon as I let it rest the pain returns.

mooman
    Free Member

I tore my rotator cuff. It took best part of a year to feel anything like normal.
    Still able to ride – just ached terribly.

Kuco

I did ligament damage 18 months ago to my shoulder/AC joint after ploughing myself into the ground and 3 weeks ago I had a arthroscopic subacromial decompression and a tidy up of the AC joint to try to help mine. Got full movement but it’s still very sore in the AC joint at the moment. Before that I had a lot of physio but I tore mine again while at work. Luckily the consultant didn’t touch the ligaments in the operation else that would have been 2 months in a sling instead of 2 days. Still can’t drive for at least another 2 weeks and currently doing phsyio. Go back to the consultant in 3 weeks and see what he says.

Oh and the physio I first saw in A&E when I did it said he did similar and his wasn’t 100% after 12 months with lots of physio and exercise. Hope yours heals quick.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘AC joint ligament damage’ is closed to new replies.