Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • AC-DC for Christmas #1
  • Anyone joined the Facebook group and planning to purchase?

garage-dweller

Not on Facebook but I could be tempted!

samuri
    Free Member

which record is it?

Highway to Hell

boxfish
    Free Member

\m/ \m/

samuri
    Free Member

I could buy that (again, again).

What counts, itunes? Amazon?

uselesshippy
    Free Member

I really want it to win, but I’m still too tight to buy it again. 😀

Not sure samuri – I ‘liked’ the page a while back and thought I’d best get round to buying it. There are various links (all iTunes) that apparently collate separately in digital charts, but all count for the main UK chart (apparently).

Hippy – it’s gonna be less than a quid you tight sod 😉

jekkyl

feed apple corp just to make a point about Xfactor?! no thanks.
    It was a good idea the first year with Rage against the machine but who cares anyway, you’d be better giving your quid to charity.

DezB
    Free Member

I really want it to win

what does it “win”? There’s not even Top of the Pops these days, so who gives a monkey’s what’s “Christmas Number 1”. Means nothing and it’s not as if buying some hoary old rock track is going to stop people putting money in Cowell’s pocket.
    How about buying a track from an unknown artist on Bandcamp, give them something instead of the same corporate bollcocks.
    Did I just type all that?

Lifer
    Free Member

DezB – Member
    How about buying a track from an unknown artist on Bandcamp, give them something instead of the same corporate bollcocks.

I agree!

http://www.shipofgold.bandcamp.com

😀

DezB
    Free Member

Lifer, did you mean http://www.shipofgold.bandcamp.com ? 😉

traildog
    Free Member

We just get bombarded by these sort of ‘compaigns’, and who benefits other than who usual does? There are a number of campaigns to make a certain record number one. So why is this any different from any other Christmas number one campaign in pop music?
    Plus you are being told what to buy as well as getting something you already have and don’t really want thinking you are some sort of rebel.

Junkyard
    Free Member

the marketers are savvy enough to market it so folk can show two fingers to the corporate world at christmas by buying the record they tell them to.

Go you rebels you …sticking it to the man, dont be no stooge you.

Like when Sony had the xfactor winner and Rage against the machine in a race for number 1.

and of course its a shite song from a mediocre band – I liked could listen to them when I was a teenager

Lifer
    Free Member

DezB – Member
    Lifer, did you mean http://www.shipofgold.bandcamp.com ?

😳 What happened there? Do I not need to use the url tags?

But yes, http://www.shipofgold.bandcamp.com is correct.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

I don’t watch X-Factor, and I don’t like Simon Cowell, however Mrs CB showed me the original audition by Sam Bailey on youtube. Frankly, I think she deserves to go to number one. She strikes me as a very humble nice person, with an amazing voice. Compared to the other x-factor dross I’ve heard over the years on the radio, I wish her the best of luck, and I couldn’t give a monkeys in this instance if Simon Cowell gets even richer.

Good luck to her, I won’t be buying Highway to Hell, I already own it.

DezB
    Free Member

How depressing

Nick

I’ve supported these sort of campaigns in the past but this year I think I’m going to let the plebs have their fun!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Nah, rubbish song!!

Now if it was Shoot to Thrill, well, well then I’d join in.

\m/ 😉

edlong
    Free Member

For those of us who don’t ‘do’ facebook, could someone summarise the context of this please?

bencooper
    Free Member

I thought this year’s designated protest Xmas number 1 was going to be Free Nelson Mandela…

DezB
    Free Member

I think he’s as free as he could possibly be.

ross980
    Free Member

… Yeah because what Brian Johnson et al need is a bit more pocket money this Christmas.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘AC-DC for Christmas #1’ is closed to new replies.