Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Abusing your wife's boss via text
  • convert

Weyhey – we are going on holiday tomorrow! A whole week in the sun – first for years!

Only snag is the mood in the house is a little black. My wife’s boss, who is clearly aspergic even if he doesn’t know it, thought it timely to inform(as part of another meeting) her that he was considering restructuring the department and she would probably have to be made redundant just as she was about leave work.

What an utter arse….was so looking forward to this week…Am soooo tempted to text* him and tell him that using the R word to someone he line manages 2 minutes before she leaves to go on leave makes him an utter bellend.

You reckon it would end badly?

* I might have had a couple of beers.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

If it’s any consolation*, a close friend had the very same thing happen to her. 😐 The Friday before the Saturday she was headed off for a couple if weeks. Never ceases to amaze me that these things happen. I dunno…is this some kind if strategy?

*of course, it won’t be and I don’t mean to be glib about your own situation. I hope some good comes from it. Being told you’re going to be made redundant can be a total shitter. Erm…enjoy the holiday!!

scaredypants

cowardly ****, rather than aspergic IMO – she has a week to let it sink in without him having to bother his arse

she has my sympathy, even if it doesn’t come to redundancy, she’ll have to work for that git

scaredypants

and, no – don’t go off on one now

wallop

Give me his number, I’ll do it for you.

peteimpreza

Whatever you don’t contact her boss.

Get her to write down exactly what happened, where and when. Any witnesses?

Don’t let the bully win.

Accept your holiday is going to be spoiled and start to prepare to fight back.

On Tuesday morning, engage a solicitor and talk to her union rep if she has one.

Get hold of her companies HR policies if they have any.

Prepare a written letter of complaining about the inappropriate behaviour of this person and hand it it to his manager and the head of the HR department.

Don’t let the bastards win. Stand up to the bullying behaviour.

They have no right to treat her or anyone like this.

Good luck!!

Drac

Go ahead it’ll save the company having to pay any redundancy money which mean someone may keep their job due to the money saved. Yes his an arse.

grittyshaker
    Free Member

Restructure announcements made at my place this week too. And, yes, it is a strategy to announce these things just before holidays to minimise disruption. Cowardly? Cynical? Yes, both those things, but also good organisational sense. Best, perhaps, not to regard bosses as fully realised adults with feelings but rather just functionaries of the organisation. Like the photocopier.

Coyote
    Free Member

Please don’t confuse Asbergers syndrome with just being a tactless **** with no social skills or empathetic feelings. I have friends and family with asbergers.

Peteimpreza pretty much has this nailed on. She needs to record exactly what was said before she forgets it. Also worth noting who else was at the meeting and whether they are willing to witness the happenings. Redundancy is a very serious issue and should be treated as such by all parties. His throw away comments are the mark of an idiot.

Make sure everything is recorded from now on and make sure she accepts nothing from him unless it is in writing.

Your holiday doesn’t have to be spoiled, just make sure you have your strategy planned. Playing with a moronic manager can be quite cathartic.

#edit

Yes, both those things, but also good organisational sense

Complete rubbish. What it does is cause irreparable damage to future relations with staff who remain. Seen it happen many times and it never ends well. It is a tool used by incompetent managers who are afraid of facing their staff with unpleasant truths.

grittyshaker
    Free Member

Also the “as part of another meeting” thing. That’s a strategy too. You don’t want rumours spreading or your staff having the opportunity to organise a response before you tell them at 5pm on Friday that their jobs are at risk.

unklehomered
    Free Member

In answer to OP. Yes, but not yet. Wait a few years, do a little research, buy a few burners. If you’re going to do it, do it right.

Or, let the chips as they may and don’t let it weigh you down (with commitments that’s easier to say than do I’m sure), but if you can’t stop something find a positive in it. For example, not having to work for a boss/company that finds that an acceptable way to behave.

Either strategy can come with its own rewards if embraced fully.

Coyote
    Free Member

That’s a strategy too

No, it is not a strategy. It is an option taken by fools who do not know how to deal with people. Which HR guide books are you reading?

As unklehomered implies, the long game is the better option. Either let karma take it’s course or give it twelve months before signing his mobile / email address up to everything you can think of.

Alternatively just forget him. He is really not worth the effort.

grittyshaker
    Free Member

@Coyote – agree with your edit about future relations etc. I probably should have said that it has a sort of logic. A flawed one.

Fools can have strategies. They may not be good ones.

Philby

There are established procedures for redundancy, usually involving a period of consultation, and saying that an individual will be made redundant before the process has started is likely to be illegal.

I suggest you read the following from Citizens Advice and on your return your wife should put a copy in front of her boss Link here

And agree she needs to note everything down including statements from witnesses.

gears_suck
    Free Member

Don’t you think the best person to make a decision on how to respond is your wife. Or is she just a delicate and pathetic woman who needs protecting by her burly man?

konabunny
    Free Member

Don’t let the bastards win. Stand up to the bullying behaviour.

Bullying? Are you quite sure?

Ambrose

Coyote has it.

I went SO close to this last year, in the end I took a cut in hours. This year I’m ‘saved’ because other staff have quit, not feeling able to cope with the pressure/ ethos/ situation. Thus, my job is ‘safe’ and they are now unemployed. Weird emotions come from this, I’m somehow grateful and unhappy at the same time about my friends’ situations.

Later this month I have a meeting to ‘discuss’ my new role/ position. AS yet no proposed job description, T’s and C’s. If they get their way I will be working longer hours for less pay and an increased level of responsibility. Time will tell.

I also note that the IMF mentioned earlier this week that austerity isn’t working in the UK. I just hope that my employers take heed of this. However, working in the public sector I’m not going to hold my breath.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Abusing your wife's boss via text’ is closed to new replies.