abu dhabi next sunday…

Home Forum Chat Forum abu dhabi next sunday…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • abu dhabi next sunday…
  • Stu McGroo

… if they’re running in the same order as yesterday, what’s the chances of vettel letting webber through to take the championship?

cynic-al

I know a good joke about that.

iDave

he’s already indicated that he would do what is necessary for the team

tell me your joke Al

Junkyard

not a chance it is a certaintity

Elfinsafety

Wonder what all the Alonso haterz on here will have to say if Webber wins because of ‘team orders’….?

zokes

Wonder what all the Alonso haterz on here will have to say if Webber wins because of ‘team orders’….?

Ironic justice? Karma? Those would be the sorts of words going through my head…

Moreover, I wonder what Alonso will say…

uplink

I suspect they’ll [rightly] say that it evened things up so that the best man/car won rather than the one with the best team-mate

Elfinsafety

Ironic justice? Karma? Those would be the sorts of words going through my head…

Explain ‘Justice’ please.

I suspect they’ll [rightly] say that it evened things up so that the best man/car won rather than the one with the best team-mate

Eh?? That makes even less sense!

Now that Ron Dennis’ whiny little American-Swiss bitch is out of it, I’m happy for any of those three to win, although it’s probbly Webber’s last realistic chance, so maybe it would be nice for him to get it. Seems like a decent bloke, and I’m sure Alonso won’t begrudge him the win, as they’re good mates.

Would be good to see some proper battling though. And some rain would be good, but I dunno if they allow rain in Abu Dhabi.

KT1973

cynic-al – Member
    I know a good joke about that.

WILMA!!!!!

zokes

Explain ‘Justice’ please.

Easy – right and wrong. The tedious stuff you blather on about trying to police on this forum all day…

I still wonder what Alonso will say though if Webber does win in that manner

uplink

I still wonder what Alonso will say though if Webber does win in that manner

“EEEEEEEEZZZzzzzzzzz not fair”[/i]

steve-g

Justice – would be because Alonso has an 8 point lead in the championship, 7 of which come from his team mate letting him through into 1st a few races ago. If Alonso finishes 3rd with Vettel letting Webber through for the win, Webber wins the championship with Red Bull having played the same trick Ferrari did.

cynic-al

What’s the difference between Dubai and Abu Dhabi?

People in Dubai don’t watch the Flintstones.

People in Abu Dhabi do!

bristolbiker

Justice – would be because Alonso has an 8 point lead in the championship, 7 of which come from his team mate letting him through into 1st a few races ago. If Alonso finishes 3rd with Vettel letting Webber through for the win, Webber wins the championship with Red Bull having played the same trick Ferrari did.

And taking that argument further, the likely penalty for the team influencing the result (if it coudl be proved by talk-back recordings etc) would be identical to what Ferrari recieved – if not it would look a bit fishy on the FIA’s part – so it would be money well spent (the fine) by Red Bull to have a drivers and constructors trophy, and a waste of money by Ferrari (though they obviously didn’t know it at the time).

Elfinsafety

Easy – right and wrong. The tedious stuff you blather on about trying to police on this forum all day…

Which you obviously have no understanding of. Thought so.

So, Red Bull would be just as ‘sneaky’ as Ferrari/Alonso then? Don’t see the difference myself.

So, if Webber wins as a result of such a move, then he won’t be a ‘worthy’ champion, is that what you’re saying?

Come on, grow up and stop pissing yer pants, like a bunch of whiny little schoolkids. Gutted because you’re whiny little mate won’t win then? πŸ˜†

uplink

So, Red Bull would be just as ‘sneaky’ as Ferrari/Alonso then? Don’t see the difference myself.

yes, so the sneakiness from both sides would cancel each other out – leaving a fair result

πŸ˜€

two wrongs dont make a right.

Alonso’s and Vettels engine’s will both “let go”.

Webber will become Champ, retire and getting pissed for the rest of his life while having BBQ’s.

THE END (best ending ever)

Premier Icon the-muffin-man
    Subscriber

Elfinsafety will you please spell ‘haterz’ properly. The average age of forum users on here is a bit higher than 12.

cynic-al

Jeez not one laugh yet πŸ™

glenp

If Alonso can split the Red Bulls then it’s all academic.

But there again you can have so many ifs.

β€’ If Massa hadn’t handed out the seven points… (another if – Alonso would surely have had a go at him anyway – “Alonso is faster than you” was not just rhetoric – he was and is faster.

β€’ If Vettel hadn’t swiped Webber in Turkey, or speared into Button.

β€’ If HK hadn’t braked half way down the straight, and Webber hadn’t gone airborne (not just faiing to finish that event but wrecking his chassis and ten inheriting the one Vettel didn’t like much).

β€’ If Red Bull ad been a bit more genuine and even-handed.

If if if.

Bring on the last race – I can’t wait! I have to admit to being impressed with how Vettel is now handling the pressure – can he keep it up?

If I had to bet, I’d go for Alonso getting in between the RBRs and nicking the title.

i hope alonso drives into vettel and both cars are out of the race (drivers walking away unharmed of course… well maybe if alonso could have something happen to his face so he’s forced to smile a bit more the OH wouldnt complain)

then i’d like webber and hamilton to race side by side the whole race, constantly overtaking each other.

then i’d like button to sneak past hamilton and webber as they’re playing silly buggers to win.

i’d like it to rain, but proper mental rain that comes out of nowhere… just after everyone changes their tyres.

that would make it an entertaining race.

Elfinsafety

Oh look; some brave soul’s decided to try and insult me using the anonymity of the tags! How intelligent! πŸ™‚

Ah; it’s a shame when folk can’t cope with me being right. Poor little lambs.

Basil

Did you know?
    When Alonso was faster than Massa ,Massa had been told to turn his engine down whilst the repected ,honest and genitalman Alonso was still working his engine on full power setting.

Elfinsafety

Ha ha! Keep it up! You do realise that if Alonso wins the DWC that I will be insufferable for the next year at least, don’t you? Simply because of the fact that Aloso winning will really, really piss off the Hamilton fanbois/Alonso haterz! πŸ˜€ And the more you slag off Alonso, the more insufferable I’ll be? And wallowing in the fact that you will be properly wound up while I bask in gloatiness?

Elfinsafety will you please spell ‘haterz’ properly. The average age of forum users on here is a bit higher than 12.

Yeah but their IQ ain’t. πŸ˜‰

Stu McGroo

elfinsafety… do your mummy and daddy know that you’re still on-line hours after they’ve tucked you in?

Elfinsafety

HA HA YOU’RE SO FUNNNYYYYYY!!!

It’s Nursey who tucks me in, silly…

Premier Icon igm
    Subscriber

Qualify

1 Vettel
    2 Webber
    3 Alonso
    4 Hamilton

Hamilton makes a mad death or glory lunge at Alonso ealry on taking both of them out, leaving two Red Bulls racing on track for the championship.

They then take each other out handing it to Alonso in the pits.

It’s possible.

Premier Icon Bez
    Subscriber

It’s not the same at all. Massa let Alonso through because of clear team orders, we all know that. However, if on the last lap of the season it’s running Vettel-Webber-Alonso, Vettel has a clear personal choice of who he lets win (since in that situation he can’t himself). It’s not a case of team orders, its a case of Vettel handing his team an important piece of silverware, even if it’s not his own name on it. He can give the driver’s championship to his employer or he can give it to Ferrari, and no driver needs team orders to make that decision*.

Regardless of how you feel about team orders**, Red Bull and McLaren have both let their drivers race openly until the numbers no longer add up, and when the drivers’ numbers don’t add up team orders are not required; whereas Ferrari have, as always, chosen to intervene at the earliest opportunity.

* ok, admittedly there have been more than a few partnerships over the years where this statement falls apart completely

** personally I think they should be allowed as they have been in the past (but also that Ferrari blatantly cheated because orders are expressly outlawed by this year’s rulebook, and much as I disagree with the rulebook, IMO on that basis Alonso should have been DQ’d from that race)

Elfinsafety

It’s not the same at all.

No, of course it’s not!! πŸ˜†

Oh come on, please. Enough of the nonsense already. Alonso is a brilliant driver, end of. If his team have worked together to provide him with race wins, then surely that’s what he’d want them to do? Massa was effectively out of the hunt ages ago, the sensible thing was to give Alonso the maximum points.

IMO on that basis Alonso should have been DQ’d from that race

Why? He just carried on racing; it was Massa who slowed. Why should Alonso be penalised?

Just accept it, stop yer bleating, and enjoy the next race, as I will be. Whoever wins, I’ll be happy I’ve seen a fantastic F1 season. And I’ll be looking forward to next year.

zokes

You do realise that if Alonso wins the DWC that I will be insufferable for the next year at least, don’t you?

You’re insufferable anyway. Hopefully if this increases much more, you’ll overstep the mark and be sat on the naughty step once more…

Premier Icon Bez
    Subscriber

I’m not bleating at all, I’m just pointing out that gifting your team mate the championship once you’re mathematically incapable of doing so yourself is – regardless of what one may or may not consider right or wrong – a completely and utterly different thing to the team handing down orders to a driver to cede position against their own wishes long before the numbers rule them out of the title.

I’ve not disputed Alonso’s abilities, nor that Massa never looked like a championship contender this year, nor that Alonso would clearly be quite happy for Maranello to yank Massa’s reins.

Why should Alonso be penalised? Because then the punishment acts perfectly to make the violation counter-productive. If you inflate one of your drivers’ points by acting against the rules then the punishment for doing so reduces their points. Surely that makes sense?

ziggy

Here’s a thought, what if Vettel lets Webber through, then for some reason Alonso has a mechanical or something to cause a DNF.

Would Webber then be expected to let Vettel through to win the chanpionship? (Vettel would win through more wins as they would be level on points)

If Alonso has a failure then whoever won the race out of Vettel and Webber would be champion.

Premier Icon Bez
    Subscriber

That’s why they’d only do it at the last minute if they were running one-two.

TandemJeremy

cynic-al – Member

Jeez not one laugh yet

I sniggered

Elfinsafety – Member

HA HA YOU’RE SO FUNNNYYYYYY!!!

It’s Nursey who tucks me in, silly…

Come here little elf. I have a very nice nightshirt for you . The sleeves area bit long and it buckles up the back but I am sure it suits you sir

Kevevs

I laughed Cynic-Al. Sort of.

Elfinsafety

Hopefully if this increases much more, you’ll overstep the mark and be sat on the naughty step once more…

Why, because people like you will run crying to teacher because someone else has a differing opinion to yours? How surprising…

I’m all up for a sensible discussion on the subject of the F1 world Championship. Sadly, it seems that various partisans aren’t, instead choosing to insult, belittle and be childish as usual.

Still, it’ll be Panto season soon, so you’ll have plenty to boo and hiss at… πŸ™‚

zokes

Reconcile these two statements then…

I’m all up for a sensible discussion on the subject of the F1 world Championship

Ha ha! Keep it up! You do realise that if Alonso wins the DWC that I will be insufferable for the next year at least, don’t you? Simply because of the fact that Aloso winning will really, really piss off the Hamilton fanbois/Alonso haterz! And the more you slag off Alonso, the more insufferable I’ll be? And wallowing in the fact that you will be properly wound up while I bask in gloatiness?

Yup, looks sensible to me πŸ™„

When the guys in white coats come for you, please go quietly…

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg
    Subscriber

Oh look; some brave soul’s decided to try and insult me using the anonymity of the tags! How intelligent!

only they aren’t anonymous

not my tag but if it makes you feel better

Elfinsafety you are an idiot

make you feel better?

Premier Icon Pook
    Subscriber

I’m all up for a sensible discussion on the subject of the F1 world Championship

I thought you might be as you seem to have an idea about it all, but then you say things like ‘haterz’, ‘ain’t’, and ‘fanbois’, which makes me think you probably aren’t worth bothering entering into discussion with. I’m just relieved you haven’t yet used ‘brrraapp’ or ‘innit’.

For what it’s worth, I feel Alonso and Hamilton are the two most gifted racers on the track today and would happily see either of them win it. I didn’t like Alonso’s petulance in 2007 in much the same manner as I haven’t enjoyed seeing Vettel and Hamilton throw their toys out of the pram this season when it’s gone against them.

For Sunday? I’d love to see Webber take it and so make any discussion of ‘seven points gifted’ academic. I’d rather Webber than Vettel for the reasons stated above.

pook +1
    rocketdog +1

Elfinsafety – Member – Whoever wins, I’ll be happy I’ve seen a fantastic F1 season. And I’ll be looking forward to next year.

agreed, but you’re still annoying πŸ˜‰

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘abu dhabi next sunday…’ is closed to new replies.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks are open.

Skip to top