Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Absolute robbing b*&^%*%^&%
  • Cougar

You want a quote from a broker, they can search through hundreds of policies to get you the best deal.

You want to add something to an existing policy, their search pool goes from hundreds to just one.

That’s why it’s more expensive, I reckon.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Cougar – that was through an online broker yesterday!
    Total farce tbh.
    A brand new policy with them online was peanuts compared to over the phone.
    Even doing a mutilbike policy with them online came out a lot cheaper.
    The whole industry is a rip-off

wilburt
    Free Member

Ah, have to agree with the NCB nonsense. That is ridiculous.
    Clearly if you’ve been driving any type of vehicle for long enough to earn NCB, then that should be transferable..

It is via your claims history, ncd isnt a real thing with a fixed discount, if it makes you happy they could just say “yes sir we’ll give you 5 yrs ncd on a second car” but only apply a small discount or have a higher premium before applying a discount.

The insurance market is designed to deliver value through competition you can only access that value by shopping around.

What alternative would you suggest?

MoreCashThanDash

I was on the claims team for the first £1 million settlement in the UK. It made headlines. When I left that line of work in 1995, the no win no fee claims business was just taking hold in mainland UK, and a colleague was agonising over the first £1k payout for a (very severe) whiplash claim.

The world has changed in those 20 years. People are more aware that they can claim, and what they can claim for, which is quite right, and the chancers have jumped on the back of it, pushing up everyone’s premiums. As I understand it, the motor insurance part of the business still doesn’t generate huge profits for the insurers, motor premiums pay motor claims.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Absolute robbing b*&^%*%^&%’ is closed to new replies.