Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Absolute Radio 90's
  • richardkennerley

The DJ on Absolute Radio 90’s has just stated he thought Rocks by Primal Scream was actually by The Rolling Stones. Surely that should disqualify him from being a 90’s radio DJ!?

andytheadequate
    Free Member

I think the DJs on Absolute radio are shared between all the different channels, it’s just the music selection that differs.

prawny

Crikey that’s poor. Good station though.

convert

One of the very best improvements in my life in 2016 was a subscription to spotify and the purchase of sonos speakers. Mrs C, bless her, is not the most tech savvy and not clocked it’s possible to stream commercial radio through sonos and she is happily rediscovering the music of her youth and new music via Spotify.

My life is now free from lobotomised banal Absolute Radio (her previous music provider of choice) DJs. For this reason alone the expenditure has been massively worthwhile.

swoosh
    Free Member

My music choice used to be Absolute 90s but the ads got on my wick but I persevered as I liked the music. Then I found country music which I love too so spent about 4 years listening to Spotify as it was the only way to get country music apart from Bob Harris and a couple of other shows on BBC radios. Now there is a digital country music station but the bl00dy adverts are annoying as hell. Reminds me why Spotify is so good, the DJ always plays what you like!

crazy-legs

If you listen to Absolute Radio through the app, it’s ad-free. Absolute 80’s all the way! 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

Spotify annoys me as there is no banal chat ,current events or general banter

If it wsnt for those things id miss meals as id not know the time .

6 music and local radio cover most events for me after the loss of team rock.

Absoutes flaw is the no repeat guarantee….which is great …until you try and listen to it for a week,,,and work out they play the same songs on a daily basis almost to the minute.

richardkennerley

I listen to it as it gets put on at work. I can’t understand why everyone wants to hear the same tunes day in day out.

Northwind

Rocks does sound like the Stones to be fair, the start’s well like Start Me Up. Maybe he’s just commentating over a pre-prepared setlist and had nipped out to the bogs or something.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Absolute Radio 90's’ is closed to new replies.