• This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by DanW.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Absolute Black – Black diamond hubs
  • stevied
    Free Member

Anyone using them? Look good, nice weight, steel freehub, magnetic ratchet..

http://absoluteblack.cc/black-diamond-hubs.html

njee20
    Free Member

Why so cheap!? That would worry me!

dirtyrider
    Free Member

rears 192 and the front 92 – so discounted not cheap cheap

But once you get into the realm of dt prices I’d just buy dt hubs

njee20
    Free Member

I remember thinking the AB ones were stupidly expensive when they came out, so I guess it’s just normalising prices. But yes, I agree, I’d have something known like 240s/American Classic/Tune at those prices.

stevied
    Free Member

I’d have something known like 240s/American Classic/Tune at those prices.

I’ll probably go for 240’s but saw these and thought I’d see if there were any users out there..

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Pros closet has some cheap 180s on eBay, customs will bump them up a bit though

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/351611172663

dustytrails

I looked at these….liked the magnetic ratchet idea, a bit like the dt swiss ratchet but with magnets rather than springs. In the end I went for Tune King & Kong – Always liked Tune – light weight, look good and well made. The freehubs used to be a bit fragile but the new (blue) ones are supposed to be stronger. For me King & Kong were the best bet as didn’t feel it was worth the extra for Prince / Princess to save a few grams (and not convinced of the durability of these). At the time R2 Bike were about the cheapest I could find.

DanW
    Free Member

Why so cheap!? That would worry me!

It is almost like they are not selling because they were too heavy and too expensive 😉 Hope Pro II weight with no track record for the same durability. Smart move to drop the RRP and they are a much better option now. Pretty tempted at that price for something a bit different when the time comes.

Marcin was always cagey about where the design comes from. Not their Patent but not Tune’s despite working closely on some stuff, and no answer on Soul Kozak or Alchemist which are the two most similar designs. Alchemist were the obviously similar hubs and they seemed to have dropped this design in favour of complete SP wheels… but who knows.

Anyways, the funky freehub for that price is worth a shot I’d have thought.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Absolute Black – Black diamond hubs’ is closed to new replies.