Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Absolute best 28H ‘All-Mountain’ rim?
  • psychle
    Free Member

Having just put an almighty dint in my new Traversee rear wheel 🙁 I’m now in the market for a tougher replacement (if possible). Trouble is, the rear hub is a 28 spoke jobbie, so I suspect that’s going to limit my options? I was going to go with Stans Flow but it appears they only come in 32H? 🙁

Any suggestions ya’ll can make as to a suitable rim for a not-so-light riding style individual that come in 28H versions?

cheers 😀

GW
    Free Member

deemax, but I’d personaly get rid of a 28 hole rear hub

jimthesaint

819 comes in 28 hole

psychle
    Free Member

do any of the Stans rims come in 28H?

steve_b77
    Free Member

WOuld this be one of those sooper light/strong/expensive Roval traverse wheel sets?

psychle
    Free Member

yep.. but I did give it a fair whack in all honesty (I must’ve forgot to lift my weight off as I went over a step, sharp square edged bugger that gave me two pinch-flats and a dented rim…) bugger 🙁

lyons
    Free Member

and you cant bend your rim back into shape?

psychle
    Free Member

maybe… need a paid of mole grips or a vice to do so I guess? a trip to me LBS may be in order 😀

lyons
    Free Member

well. depending what it looks like, you can straighten them with an adjustable spanner. Do one or both sides point into the middle of the rim now?

bassspine
    Free Member

aluminium is a work-hardening material. If you bend it it gets more brittle and less tough. If you bend it repeatedly it gets harder, brittler, weaker until it breaks.

Risky.

lyons
    Free Member

well, if its just 2 little dents, from where you hit something hard, which it sounds like it is. there wont be any problems with this at all. Ive done it on a number of occasions, as i’m sure many others have. And i can still use tubless on the rim etc.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Absolute best 28H ‘All-Mountain’ rim?’ is closed to new replies.