Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Absolute bargain…
  • Jamie
    Free Member

I still wouldn’t bother.

wiggles
    Free Member

If they cost 0 you need to order infinity jerseys before you could get over a tenner for free delivery

chrisdw
    Free Member

Ha. Worth a try!

househusband

Well I’ve ordered one..! The order has gone through and I’ve only paid the £2 postage… will report back tomorrow and see whether or not they cancel the order. Wasn’t going to bother but then I saw they have three rear pockets roadie style so ideal for current needs.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

I couldn’t get any. Out of stock, I wonder why?!

DT78
    Free Member

well, that was quick!!!

househusband

Just LOL’d at myself for forgetting the free delivery option… 😳

/facepalm/

lukerevhen
    Free Member

I’ll have a load for sale soon if anybody wants one, they will be in the fs section. Discount on multiple buys ;).

househusband

Dear Customer,

Due to an administrative error we have incorrectly listed the Troy Lee Ace MTB Jersey which you have ordered through our website. The listing was made live in error on our site and this showed the product at zero value and with stock booked in. I am afraid that we are yet to receive this product from our suppliers and of course the price was also listed incorrectly. We have cancelled the order and refunded any payment.

Thanks and kind regards

Daniel

DT78
    Free Member

Not surprising really, worth a shot though 🙂

scandal42
    Free Member

Surely they have entered into a contract to sell at that price?

daleftw
    Free Member

scandal42 – Member

LOL.

gogg
    Free Member

Believe it or not, retailers have the right to back out if they screw up, usually in their terms and conditions which you generally agree to without reading them. Depends on the size of the retailer, the cost to them, the potential damage to their reputation how many of these cock-ups they just suck up.

freeagent
    Free Member

Believe it or not, retailers have the right to back out if they screw up, usually in their terms and conditions which you generally agree to without reading them. Depends on the size of the retailer, the cost to them, the potential damage to their reputation how many of these cock-ups they just suck up.

My contract law is a bit rusty, but i’m pretty sure advertising goods for sale is basically an ‘invitation to offer’ – which means they are inviting you to offer money for their goods.

The next step is you ‘make an offer’ which in the case of on-line sales is basically you fill in the boxes and add your payment details.

If the retailer chooses to ‘accept your offer’ he processes the payment, and this forms the basis of a ‘contract to supply’

So no, they don’t have to sell it to you for the wrong price….

*this might be wrong though, as it has been a few years…

sbob
    Free Member

this might be wrong

It isn’t.

edward2000
    Free Member

The seller is under no obligation whatsoever to accept your, or anybody’s order.

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

Sale of good act states the sale is complete when the customer has made a sle offer and it’s been accepted. They cannot back out AFTER taking your money as this is past the point of sale.

nealglover
    Free Member

You didn’t really believe that when you wrote it did you ?

honourablegeorge

freeagent – Member

Believe it or not, retailers have the right to back out if they screw
    up, usually in their terms and conditions which you generally agree to without reading them. Depends on the size of the retailer, the cost to them, the potential damage to their reputation how many of these cock-ups they just suck up.
    My contract law is a bit rusty, but i’m pretty sure advertising goods for sale is basically an ‘invitation to offer’ – which means they are inviting you to offer money for their goods.

The next step is you ‘make an offer’ which in the case of on-line sales is basically you fill in the boxes and add your payment details.

If the retailer chooses to ‘accept your offer’ he processes the payment, and this forms the basis of a ‘contract to supply’

So no, they don’t have to sell it to you for the wrong price….

*this might be wrong though, as it has been a few years…

You’re about right.

iain1775
    Free Member

Missed out on this non offer but couple of years ago CRC listed an Oakley top at £0
    They honoured it, its a pretty decent long sleeve T for winter as well

Onzadog
    Free Member

Just out of curiosity, what happens if you pay using PayPal in these situations as the money goes instantly.

(as I’ve found to my cost before with out of stock items that stay out of stock).

wysiwyg
    Free Member

You get a refund, like when I bought that Ariel frame last months for £1.50

tmb467
    Free Member

Ah – this old chestnut

Website error leads to panic buying. Hard-done by customers feel ripped off as they lose out on a ‘bargain’

Free flights to America anyone? You just have to buy a Hoover!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Absolute bargain…’ is closed to new replies.