Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Abscess help.
  • slowmart
    Free Member

So I noticed this lump underneath my balls, off to the vet who concludes its a likely abscess , possibly caused by an in growing hair. 10 days antibiotics -so far so good.

However I depart on a 7 day riding holiday a week on Sunday but the vet was reluctant to say the pills were a sure thing.

Anyone had this, did the pills work or is it a case of surgery!? No chance of off loading the holiday either.

Still looking on the bright side I’d take the abscess over my first fears 😉

allthepies
    Free Member

Get squeezing 🙂

Clink

oh this could be interesting!!

Muke
    Free Member

Assos minty arse lard,

Stevelol
    Free Member

I had one in top of my ass crack (pilonidol infection), it got so big that it had to be operated on (drain and remove some tissue) recovery included having the wound packed with tissue each day, not pleasant! Anyway, don’t ride with it as if you can prevent it getting worse, then do. Mine took about 6 weeks to heal, some can take months.

SamCooke
    Free Member

Do you find that you make a particularly loud noise when you break wind?

theotherjonv

kind of like a passing motorbike?

yoshimi

Yes the tablets will work short term but yes you will need surgery at some point, I’ve had 3 in 12 months

SamCooke
    Free Member

kind of like a passing motorbike?

Yes, as above. Does that happen?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

YOu may well not need surgery – antibiotics are very good at clearing abcesses – it depends why the abcess formed.

I’d ask the Gp for another course of antibiotics to take with you

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Had one in groin area, between leg /groin at side of ballsack left it forever thinking it will get better-wrong!
    The upshot is it stopped me walkjng swelled up like a big sausage all the way round the pantline and had to have immediate surgery, consultant said he had to scoop it out all the way up to my pubic bone area, result was an open wound packed daily by a nurse until it had healing inside to out.

Take the antibiotics and hope it calms down for the hol, either that or a needle and a pair of pliars 😯

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Abscess help.’ is closed to new replies.