Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • ABS on motorbike….thinking of selling mine to get bike with ABS…….
  • lobby_dosser
    Free Member

one of my KTMs has optional ABS. It stays on all the time unless I go off road.

epicsteve
    Free Member

like that CBF1000 tho……..

I've been impressed with it so far – I've had it since last summer when it replaced the Deauville I'd been using for commuting/touring duties for about 10 years. I miss the shaft-drive that the Deauville had but I like the extra grunt of the de-tuned 'blade engine a lot.

Despite being rather unfashionable the Deauville was a great bike. At one point I bought a Bandit 600 thinking it'd replace the Deauville in my fleet but got rid of it after a few months (replaced it with the CBR600) because the Deauville was better in just about every way except top speed – better handing, more comfortable, much better built, better brakes etc.

flange
    Free Member

I had a 1200 bandit and it was awful. Really awful

I had a go on a BMW with ABS and it scared the bejesus out of me. But each to their own

I've got a '52 CBR600F for sale if anyone wants that. £1900

cynic-al
    Free Member

lobby_dosser – Member
    one of my KTMs has optional ABS. It stays on all the time unless I go off road.

For doing mahoosive skids?

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

of course al 8)

anagallis_arvensis

I used a bike with abs for my test, it certainly made the emergency stop simple!

br
    Free Member

This was mine, and if you are under 6 foot you're going to struggle – even to look into the top box!

richcc
    Free Member

I did a great days course with Circuit Based Training. Emergency stops from 70,80,90mph were interesting exercises. Emergency/hard braking whilst going fast cornering around Gerrards was also excellent.

The instructors mentioned that the bikes that always did best in these exercises had ABS – no skill required, just grab a big handful and let the bike sort itself out.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘ABS on motorbike….thinking of selling mine to get bike with ABS…….’ is closed to new replies.