Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Above average size feet and flat pedals
  • cinnamon_girl

Aimed at guys with size 11/12 feet (I’m being polite here!). Any recommendations for flat pedals that will accommodate them quite comfortably?

Thank you so much!

AndyA
    Free Member

Kona WahWahs

MrAgreeable

Every flat pedal thread has to have a recommendation for Straitlines. It’s the law.

zaskar
    Free Member

Straitline you say?

I have 2 pairs on hardtails and xtr spds.

The straitlines are fanstastic and don;t have any bearings to worry about.

Cost a bit but yo get what you pay for.

Also they give you great scars if you slip!

Size 13 feet here.

cinnamon_girl

Thanks for replies. Should have said – needs to have sealed bearings and not cost a fortune.

How do you find DMR’s?

zaskar
    Free Member

Cheap, reliable and solid.

Not sure about the bearings-higher spec versions more expensive but have better bearings. V12’s are sealed. V8’s are not.

Lot’s of riders I know have the V12’s and very happy with them.

brakes
    Free Member

V12s are good
    until you try a decent flat pedal and realise they’re a bit pants

I’m a bit of a fanboy for Easton Flatboys and they’re a decent size too but expensive
    have a look at the Wellgo range, there’s bound to be something there to suit

SilentSparky
    Free Member

I have some Wellgo B27’s, got them in the flood sale last year, nice big platform compared to V8’s and pretty cheap too even when not in a flood sale 🙂

RudeBoy
    Free Member

twohats
    Free Member

DMRs are a bit small and tend to roll under big feet.
    As above, try a decent pedal and you’ll relise how pants they are.
    Another vote for Srtaitlines here

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

V8 and V12 are tiny.

Those nukeproof/superstar flats are fairly large.

jobbyheid
    Free Member

Straitlines are a rip off, if you want to spend £90-100 on a pedal then fair enough but it is completely unnecessary, ditto bergtechs. DMR’s are ok but a bit small. I quite like my Tioga Surefoot MX’s which are still a bit pricey at £50… [edit] I’ve got size 12’s myself and V8’s on one bike and Tiogas on the other [/edit]

momo

Size 11 here, used to have v12s as said above found them too small.

Been using shimano mx30s for a few years now, really rate them, and not too expensive either.

jobbyheid
    Free Member

The shimanos are nice pedals but the pins are a bit weedy, so I’ve heard..

tails
    Free Member

jobbyheld has never used straitlines. if you don’t have that kinda money u would say the superstar pedals that are a copy of kona wah wahs but i have never used them just what i have heard

jobbyheid
    Free Member

Eh? I have had a shot on them actually.. Lovely things, but anyone spending that much on pedals must be an MP claiming them as a transport expense or something.

tails
    Free Member

Fair enough JH, but personally I have used DMR V8 and V12 and they are not in the same ballpark as straitlines just so much grip and generally more thought put into the product, perhaps they are expensive at £££ put i got mine from descent gear for £79 i think few months back. i have never heard about the tiogas so can’t say. Hers a review on the straitlines

twohats
    Free Member

Straitlines are a rip off, if you want to spend £90-100 on a pedal then fair enough but it is completely unnecessary, ditto bergtechs.

You pays your money, you makes your choice.
    Bet you’re a King, Thomson, XTR etc hater too..

jobbyheid
    Free Member

You pays your money, you makes your choice.
    Bet you’re a King, Thomson, XTR etc hater too..

At least Thomson parts are going to be in pretty good nick in a couple of years, pedals get smashed off loads of rocks, pins ripped out etc. Bling is lovely but there are loads of cheaper pedal out there that’ll do the job pretty much as well.

FWIW the guy I know who has straitlines (he loves them) had the hylon washer wear out on his after 6 months or so, they did send him a new one free, but still…

twohats
    Free Member

I’ve smashed my Straitlines into lots of rocks, and so far they are holding up better than any of the previous pedals I’ve had.

jamesca
    Free Member

nc17’s and i have size 13 feet.

Shandy
    Free Member

I’ve migrated to Atomlab GIs from the DMRs, I won’t be going back. They’ve more surface area and are dished which feels great under your foot.

miketually
    Free Member

I’m a UK 11.5 or 12. The Wellgo v8 copies I’ve been using for a while are fine, and were the Planet-X ones I used for years before those.

Michael-B
    Free Member

I’m size 13 have love Easton Flatboys they’re a decent size but expensive. I when in about 4 shops testing all the flats that they had and Flatboys where easly the best I could get in the size i needed.

M

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

11/12 feet here.

Found V8’s a bit too small, tried Wellgo MG-1 which are a bit bigger, cheap and light and work fine. Use Shimano MP56 or 66 or whatever the shimano flat shoes are called.

grumm
    Free Member

The SS Nano Tech flats seem quite big – I only have normal size feet (10) but I am very happy with them.

GrumpyDave
    Free Member

I have also found DMRs to be too small. Been using these for a while with no problems:
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=5199
    Not in stock though.

ratadog

Size 12.5/13 feet and using Wellgo B25 sealed bearing. Like others I benefited from CRC’s flood but they still have them at 29.99ukp.

rOcKeTdOg

SS nano flats here, wide and light, 3 months in bearings still ok

freeandsingle
    Free Member

Size 12 feet here and Easton Flatboys..

joe1983
    Free Member

mg-1’s

genesis
    Free Member

Have size 12 feet and have run dmr v8’s for the last 6yrs with no problems, best thing I did was move from Vans shoes to FiveTens on them.

cinnamon_girl

Thanks for all the replies and recommendations. I had no idea there were so many larger than average guys on STW 😉

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Above average size feet and flat pedals’ is closed to new replies.