Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • about to eat a chicken/ham pie,that's 16 days out of date.will i die?
  • racefaceec90

it’s a morrisons deep fill chicken/ham & leek pie 😀 it’s currently being cooked in oven at gas mark 5 (should be 4).has been frozen since i got it. here’s a pic of a similar type of pie (that they do/mine is the more expensive one £3.19/just in case you didn’t know what my nemeis pie looked like 😉 ta in advance 🙂

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

If its been frozen then there won’t be any problem. I’ve ate stuff from the freezer that’s been lost in there for years and its been ok

donsimon
    Free Member

There should be enough chemicals and preservatives to ensure that you don’t come to any harm.

hugor
    Free Member

Looks great. Id eat it. Whats the worst that could happen?

enveetee
    Free Member

no, but u may be very sick and wish u were dead

racefaceec90

thanks a lot people (i could not face throwing a perfectly good pie away 😉 must remember to cook some frozen vegetables too 😀

sofatester
    Free Member

morrisons deep fill chicken/ham & leek pie

That thought alone made me feel a bit sick!

Good luck and please remember to post results if and when they happen.

trail_rat
    Free Member

I demand photos after its cooked

Guarantee it looks nothing like the pie pictured 🙂

racefaceec90

trail rat i’ll see what i can do 😆

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Anyone got a link to the picolax thread?

Duggan

As it’s frozen I’m gonna say you’ll be fine. Do let us know though 😉

yunki
    Free Member

if it’s been frozen then it’s not out of date..

unklehomered
    Free Member

)has been frozen since i got it

Awwww…. I was gonna suggest you ate it and then blog what happened to you in the following 4 hours…

racefaceec90

here is the picture’s of the pie in question (don’t say i don’t keep my promises 😉
    pic 1 the pie in all it’s magnificence (with vegetables)

pic 2 pie cut open

pic 3 same pic as 2 but further away 😉 (at top left is my phone/protective carry bag for my camera)

i did carefully try a small piece of chicken first (to see if it was ok) but it tasted fine.am now enjoying the pie (i’ve eaten worse food 😉

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Do you usually eat out of a pan?

racefaceec90

erm (in a soft apologetic voice filled with embaressment) yes 😳
    well it saves on the washing is my excuse 😉 😳

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Why not eat out of the pan? Saves washing up dunnit??
    I mean, I wouldn’t do it if I was feeding someone else & I don’t do it that often. (ie, only when the Mrs isn’t about)
    If your’e worried about eating stuff thats been frozen you may as well get shot of the freezer.

Duggan

That actually looks really nice

donsimon
    Free Member

And so you should apologise, anything less than a proper setting just won’t do. I couldn’t imagine how anyone could possibly eat anything without doing so to my own exacting standards.

You will find that your frozen chicken pie from Morrison’s will taste 10X better too.

Dancake
    Free Member

My Wife and Son have been away for the weekend and I can’t believe I missed out on the opportunity to have a whole pie served from a pan. Well done, Sir

I am going to have loads of faggots, however. (Wife cannot abide them)

donsimon
    Free Member

If the pie is good, would it be too much trouble to pass me the details of the good Mr Morrison enabling me to speak in person and consider stocking up ourselves?

racefaceec90

don simon now that’s just showing off 😆
    would like to thank everyone for the morale support 😉
    have eaten the pie now (just got to finish the vegetables).it tasted fine.i did add some Worcester sauce to the mix (it does work 😉
    will now hopefully watch the tour without any incident 😳
    edit didn’t see your last post ds 😳
    yes it is their kitchen puff pastry chicken/ham & leek special pie (£3.19 i think it costs).it is very nice 🙂

spchantler
    Free Member

how are you feeling? food poisoning doesn’t kick in for up to 36 hours later though, when the levels of bacteria have reached toxic levels. the only time i’ve had it, i’d been served a breakfast in a b&b whilst working away. on cutting into the sausage, and realising it was uncooked, i left it, but ate the rest,but using the same knife the next morning, on farting in bed….well you can guess the rest. i have never experienced such pain. good luck

yunki
    Free Member

why would he be having problems..?

he froze the pie!!!?

it was not out of date.. some of you must need help tying your shoelaces, or am I missing some subtle in-joke here or something..?

donsimon
    Free Member

some of you must need help tying your shoelaces

There’s a website for this, isn’t there? Do you think you could be a good chap and post a link to it up?
    TIA.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Ah but was the pie frozen from bought, or was it left until out of date then put in the freezer to prevent it going to the gloopy furry stage….

yunki
    Free Member

stop being so pleasant DS.. It’s giving me the creeps.. go back to being nauseatingly superior

donsimon
    Free Member

😆
    Now, where’s the bloody link?

yunki
    Free Member
    donsimon
    Free Member

Ta.

piemonster

It’ll probably kill you, but not because it’s out of date!

Hadge
    Free Member

Who needs plates or bowls. I always enjoy ice cream and yoghurts from my girlfriends cleavage – tastes far far better. Mars bars are nice too but I’ll leave that to your imagination :mrgreen:

damo2576
    Free Member

I would not eat anything from Morrisons regardless of date!

wolly
    Free Member

What’s with the Morrisons hate?

beanieripper
    Free Member

Morrisons food stinks and is gak.. period

_tom_
    Free Member

What’s with the Morrisons hate?

middle class snobbery of course 😛

wolly
    Free Member

I forgot about all the i.t workers Lolzzzz

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Morrisons food stinks and is gak.. period

certainly no more ‘gakky’ than any other supermarket food. Which is good for me cos I live about 500 yrds from Morrisons.
    They also sell stuff like Heinz soup & Birds Eye fish fingers etc etc etc, I’t’s not all Morrisons branded stuff.

peterfile
    Free Member

I always enjoy ice cream and yoghurts from my girlfriends cleavage – tastes far far better.

ha ha, me too!

your mrs does have a lovely cleavage though

(i’m getting my coat as we speak)

rickmeister

Its not deep fried.

You will die a horrible death..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘about to eat a chicken/ham pie,that's 16 days out of date.will i die?’ is closed to new replies.