Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • About to click buy on Canyon AM, but which one?
  • turtleheading
    Free Member

So I’m about to buy a Canyon AM (when my credit card arrives). But which one? Was going to buy the 6.0, but tempted by the 7.0, green looks lush! But, are the upgrades (other than the colour) worth the extra dosh? Anyone help me out?

BruceWee

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/am-i-being-unreasonable-4

Have a quick read of this first. Not trying to influence you one way or the other but just for your info.

growmac

Just to influence the other way, I’ve bought three Canyons and had great service and we love the bikes.

The one thing I would consider. On the 2011 AM the rear shock is, in my opinion, too linear for its own good. There’s no bob at all from the linkage, and I really like the very long travel XC feel of the bike, stable but still feels nimble. Only downside is that with the pro-pedal off, the rear shock will go all the way through the travel and hit the end stop off largish drops.

Either the shock doesn’t ramp up enough to prevent this, or there’s insufficient high speed compression damping, not sure. Either way, it’s a niggle, but I’m hoping can be solved by Tim Flooks’ gang on first shock service. Certainly not something to put you off buying the bike given it’s other strengths.

turtleheading
    Free Member

bump

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘About to click buy on Canyon AM, but which one?’ is closed to new replies.