Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • About to buy new camera flashgun
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Olympus FL36.. I am thinking it will improve my indoor photography significantly over the built-in flash on my Olympus DSLR, because it’s angle-able and swivel-able… It can also be used wirelessly and has an AF illuminator for poor light. It could be good 🙂

donsimon
    Free Member

Welcome to the world of flash photography, I couldn’t live without mine.

DrJ

Read here first …
    strobist

molgrips
    Free Member

Too late, it was an ebay auction so had to bid 🙂

I used to have a non-moveable flashgun on my old old Chinon film camera, and even that seemed to make a huge difference to indoor flash photos. I think simply being further away from the lens helps a lot.

Moonhead
    Free Member

Flash coming from the same direction as the lens (unless subtle) can look pretty awful so something that can be bounced and that will take diffusers, home made or otherwise, will make a great addition to your kit.

Also you don’t have to stop at just one! Couple of off camera flashes on stands and you are into a whole different world of experimentation!

Enjoy!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Vivitar 285hv. £70-ish. Manual. Puts as much, or as little, light as you need exactly where you need it. All you’ll ever need. 🙂

stumpy01

I was just about to commit to getting a Nikon SB-600 flash when they announced the 700. Figured I might as well get that one but it still doesn’t seem to be available…can’t wait ’til I get one!

Gonna get a Tamron 90mm macro too I think!

Have fun with it & post some pics up!

molgrips
    Free Member

Hmm, seems I’ve bought the non-remote capable version thinking that I was getting the remote one. However I can’t (yet) envisage a situation where I’d use a remote flash, so I suppose it’s not that big of a deal. Plus triggers are available.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Hmm…what flash for a Lumix G1?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘About to buy new camera flashgun’ is closed to new replies.