Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • About the “is there snow on the Scottish hills” question
  • druidh
    Free Member

At least 31″ in places. I can be this specific as it was up to my ‘nads yesterday.

trailmonkey

Good job you lot can go anywhere on your bikes. Looks ideal.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I took my dogs to start of one of our regular walks last night (Devil’s Staircase). I was up to my knees in it even at the roadside, the Lab was up to her belly, and were going back once it’s thawed to look for the Jack Russell.

Couldn’t even see the footpath so we got straight back in the car and went elsewhere. Looked beautiful in the moonlight though.

grumm
    Free Member

Bloody hell!

Good plastering of snow on the lakeland fells visible from my bathroom window today as well.

molgrips
    Free Member

Which devil’s staircase is that?

grumm
    Free Member

Glencoe presumably.

theflatboy
    Free Member

wow, great photo!

geoffj

Its coming down thick and fast in Perth – which is a bit of a pi$$er as I’ve got a 10 mile ride home to contend with 🙁
    What was that term again – tripoding?

druidh
    Free Member

Aye – it’s started heavy in Balerno (just outside Edinburgh) now.

Trekster

Just started snowing this minute in Dumfries

Bit of snow yesterday on top of Ae/Queensberry Hills

glenh
    Free Member

That is a spanking picture of Meagaidh. Looks like the climbs will be buried for a bit though.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Yes Glencoe.

Dougal
    Free Member

Been dumping it down in North Queensferry for several hours now, only lying on the beach though.

One snowflake fell in London, all buses, trains and tube trains are off due to dangerous conditions, and an entire city of bankers are stuck in their offices with extra time to contemplate how many zeros should be on their bonus cheque.

molgrips
    Free Member

I reckon we should move the whole of Scotland into London for a winter, and see what they do when it snows. Maybe their cars will suddenly all be able to glide over the snow anywhere they like; maybe the mere presence of Scottish people would melt the ice on the points and allow the tube trains to teleport to their destination without any trouble.

Don’t you people ever get bored of banging on about how much snow you get? (it’s not like you get sod all in Scotland in a global context anyway).

Smee
    Free Member

molgrips – you would appear to be missing the point. We know that we get bugger all snow. This is why the place doesn’t grind to a halt when we do get a little flurry, unlike southernsoftshandyshire

beinbhan

Pity it has all gone again in Perth sun shining now all the snow melted

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘About the “is there snow on the Scottish hills” question’ is closed to new replies.