Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 247 total)
  • About Jenn
  • RustySpanner

Love, thanks and best wishes Jenn.

gary

would be happy to buy a collected words when appropriate…

That would be a quite brilliant option for ongoing charity support. And I will miss the totally nailed Grinder reviews too – I already want some of the Vaude shoes from this issue!

bullheart
    Free Member

Jenn – your Tour Divide article was the best thing I have ever read in the mag, so thank you.

Keep aiming for the twinkly lights,

Bullheart

nemesis
    Free Member

Jenn – your Tour Divide article was the best thing I have ever read in the mag, so thank you.

+1

And IIRC she actually wrote it twice (but different) for two mags – I read both and they were both brilliant.

Kip

Oh that’s just pants. Thoughts are with you and yours.

singletrackmind

Used to meet Jenn at various races round the country . Always cheerfull and encouraging , even when it was dark , wet and muddy .
    Great bike rider , and eloquent scribe for ST

must get the hoover out as there appears to be a duststorm in STM towers
    fill your days with happiness .

Harry_the_Spider

I used to meet Jenn at races too. She used to win them.

Go at it like a comet!

slackalice
    Free Member

Respect.

XX

fionap

Gutted to hear this. I’ve only been reading the magazine/forums etc for a year or so but I’ve always especially looked out for and enjoyed anything by Jenn. Thinking of you, your family and friends, and will be making an extra effort to help the charities mentioned.

Nipper99
    Free Member

Arse!

‘The wonder of the world
    The beauty and the power
    The shapes of things,
    Their colours, light and shades
    These I saw,
    Look ye also while life lasts.’

YoGrant
    Free Member

Jenn, virtual hug from the recent past. Email on the way when I decide upon the words. Gxxx

Northwind

So sorry to hear that… Funny, I was trying to remember where it was we met, I’ve got no clue, muddy pine forest and pissing rain and still just happy to be on a bike. Some things you forget, some things make an impression. Thanks for all the words

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Awful news. As someone who worked closely with the oncologists at “Jimmies” I’m sure Jenn got the very best of care but even so………
    Stay strong Jenn.

bearnecessities

Guess I’m not alone in wanting to say something, but don’t know what to say.

I’ll just say love, Richard x

warpcow
    Free Member

I remember reading the Tour Divide article in WMB(?) and being really excited to hear Jenn was moving to ST. Can’t think of much else to say but thank you for your writing and all the best.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

At times like this anything that falls out my mouth seems inadequate. Bob Dylan does it a lot more eloquently.

May your hands always be busy
    May your feet always be swift
    May you have a strong foundation
    When the winds of changes shift
    May your heart always be joyful
    And may your song always be sung
    May you stay forever young
    Forever young, forever young
    May you stay forever young.

However long you have, enjoy every minute and thanks for all the great work you’ve done. I’m off to give my kids a big hug.

crewlie

So, so sorry to read this. Great writing, inspirational stuff. Sorry…words aren’t enough.

wwaswas

Such sad news.

I never made it to a huge number of ‘Brighton Tonight’ rides but Jenn was always so friendly and welcoming and put up with my lack of fitness and crap technical skills with a smile as she chatted to me. She was even cheery when I knocked her off her bike onto her new tights.

I’ve followed her career as she went from ‘something in IT’ to bike shop worker, to 24hr solo racing, to continent riding, to journalist. She always seemed to have the drive and determination to get to where she wanted to be. But somethings can’t be overcome by willpower.

I hope you have a good few months with your family and freinds Jenn and the end when it comes is peaceful and comfortable. My world will be diminished by your passing.

**** cancer.

P20

Whoever wrote the piece about Jenn, it can’t have been easy, but it’s beautifully done.
    Jenn, take the shit days on the chin and on the good days, run, run like the wind and don’t look back.
    Thank you Jenn, take care

JonEdwards
    Free Member

I’ve bumped into Jenn a few times over the years – always happy, always smiling, always just living life well – even solo singlepseed 24 hour racing (nutter!). Last time was at Steelcity earlier this year. I follow her on instagram, so knew she’d been ill, but completely forgot when I saw her as she was “just Jenn” and was nattering away quite merrily asking her how she was etc. Felt a right arse when I remembered.

Her instagram posts have always been relatively upbeat, and although I knew she has good patches and bad patches, I thought it was something she just had to live with. To realise it’s this close to the end is a big shock. Elaine and myself will miss you.

Run in the rain when you can, because you can.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Sad news, but best of luck Jenn and get well soon.

I’ve bought a mug to raise some funds for the charities concerned.

Keep strong.

Brown
    Free Member

Jenn’s Tour Divide article is awesome. I’ve still go it and regularly re-read it on the toilet (a high compliment!).

When I started 24 solo races, I used to consider it a good ride if I’d finished anywhere near Jenn. And when my girlfriend rode her one and only 24-solo Jenn managed to take time our of riding faster than virtually everybody else to be unbelievably friendly and supportive. I still remember that and how much it helped my girlfriend.

Take care Jenn, you make cycling special.

wallop

I’ve always been a huge admirer of Jenn. This latest news is desperately sad.

Hopefully the nice people at STW might one day pull together a nice collection of all her brilliant work.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

All the best to you and your family and friends. Take care.

MrOvershoot

I’ve never met Jenn but I bloody wish I had, the world is a cruel place & many who deserve more get dealt a shit hand.
    Such courage makes me weep, & I mean that.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

such terrible news, not sure what to say apart from all the best and keep fighting.

jimmy

**** cancer indeed.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Terrible news. Thanks for all the great reading you’ve given me. I hope you can make the most of the time you have.

Will look out for the STW sale, sadly I’ve given to MacMillan so many times on behalf of people. We all hope for a day when we can be rid of this disease

muddy@rseguy

She fixed my bikes a few times when she was working at my LBS, Quest Adventure, in Worthing, didn’t laugh at my lack of mechanical sympathy and also managed to substantially lighten my wallet just before Mountain Mayhem years back when I said ” just make my bike go better please”…my bike came back substantially blinged up and I tried not to wince too much at the bill ( it was worth it)

Two weeks later at Moutain Mayhem and she was leading a group of very tired souls up a long climb on lap godknowswhat at about 2:30 in the morning, in spite of doing a solo ride she was still happily chatting away to all with an infectious enthusiasm that just seemed to lift everyone’s spirits that night.

Her phone call-ins on the daily podcast from the Great Divide Race were fab too but totally outdone by the mag article.

She is one very tough rider.

vickypea
    Free Member

I’ve always enjoyed Jenn’s articles and told her so when I met her once at Mountain Mayhem, where she sold me a red STW tshirt.
    Awful news and incredibly bad luck but keep fighting.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

If you read this Jenn I had never had the good fortune to meet you, & from the other comments I missed meeting one of the many good people who enjoy the passion that is ‘mountain biking’.I always read your articles in the mag,always a good read,the world of mountain biking will be poorer without you.
    In trying to take something positive out of this I’ll just have to get out on my bike even more & embrace the mud & rain instead of putting things off.
    When you get to the other side Jenn could you keep an eye out for me,keep us all safe on the trail? I could do with help!
    I wish you peace on your journey,we’re all heading there.
    Got to go, I appear to have dust in my eyes.
    Busta

Wookster

Bollocks. Thinking of you and yours Jenn.

I hate that bastard disease.

Drac

convert

That was shocking and depressing but also rather inspiring reading. Jenn, you seem to be the sort of person many of us wish we were and if one day I am in your situation I hope I have your fortitude to emulate.

I hope you enjoy your time with friends and loved ones and take full advantage of the care and support that comes your way.

northernerindevon

Jenn, I’ve never had the fortune of meeting you but I would like to have had the chance. I hope your autumn days aren’t too bad and you get some sweet final trails in. All the best to you and Tom. Damn, all dusty eyed now…

TheWrongTrousers

God, that’s sad and so unfair.
    Always enjoyed Jenn’s articles.
    I’m about to become the father of a little girl, if she turns out anything like Jenn then I’ll be a happy man.
    Good luck Jenn, ciao

jamj1974

Like many others I have been a reader of Jenns words over the years and enjoyed them a lot. Take care and I hope you have some lovely times with the people you love.

Jay

igm

I never met or spoke to you Jenn but I wish you all the best.

At a more practical level it may interest some on here to know there is a cancer charity ride for Leeds to Manchester or vice versa or both for the idiots tomorrow night and into Sunday.

I’m ones of the 120 mile idiots doing it for Macmillan, my best man is doing it for Cancer Research.

The route will go very close to Singletrack HQ.

There may still be places.

http://www.cyclecancer.com

BillMC

Jenn I’ve never been so impressed by someone who combines beauty, brains, style and a ferocious ability to ride a bike. Big kisses, our thoughts are with you.

therealhoops
    Free Member

Certainly is dusty in here.
    Makes you realise what a great community bikers are when we all feel the same way about someone we’ve never met.

Never stop trying Jenn

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 247 total)

The topic ‘About Jenn’ is closed to new replies.