Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Abergavenny livestock market to move
  • Pigface
    Free Member

and to be replaced with a supermarket and library.

How to tear the guts out of a town? New market to be built near Raglan 🙄

A sad day.

druidh
    Free Member

Raglan? A bit of an “off the cuff” decision??

milky1980
    Free Member

A bit slow? They were on about doing this 10 years ago!!! Meant to be an Asda if I remember correctly?

wwaswas

Brecon’s not been the same since they closed the cattle market.

Nick

Was on Countryfile a few weeks ago, seems that the existing market isn’t fit for purpose, nightmare to get in and out of, farmers split about 50:50 on whether to put up with crap facility and traffic problems, oh and a shit load of cash waiting to build a supermarket.

br
    Free Member

Was on Countryfile a few weeks ago, seems that the existing market isn’t fit for purpose, nightmare to get in and out of, farmers split about 50:50 on whether to put up with crap facility and traffic problems, oh and a shit load of cash waiting to build a supermarket.

Been happening all over for years; Aylesbury for one, about 15 years ago.

rusty90
    Free Member

They did the same in Carmarthen a few years back. Lovely new livestock mart out of town that’s much easier to use and a new multi-screen cinema that means I didn’t have to drive to Swansea to see Skyfall.
    Win win in my opinion.

Pigface
    Free Member

Yes it has been going on for years but today they lost the last appeal, Newport gone, Abergavenny gone as said above Brecon not been the same since.

Bad day all round

tonyg2003

As milky1980 said – this has been on the cards for over 10years (my in-laws live in Govilon). I thought when they build the supermarket out towards Llanfoist it would be the death of the town centre, then I was releived when it turned out to be a Waitrose! A less suitable supermarket brand / location I have ever seen 🙂

Aber doesn’t particularly need another supermarket.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Abergavenny livestock market to move’ is closed to new replies.