Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Aberdeenshire conditions (snow)
  • duir
    Free Member

What’s it looking like at the moment? How low is the snow line? Are lower hills like Bennachie and Scolty rideable?

euain

Was out last night on Millstone and some of Bennachie (my route on Strava) and none of it was affected by the snow. Light dusting at points but not really a factor.

trail_rat
    Free Member

we are going out on bennachie tonight .

mates not long back from walking the dug up there and says its wet under foot but you wouldnt even know it had been snowing on the hill…

The snows crap at the snow gates on COM so scolty is unlikely to be affected other than the exposed middle bits

obelix
    Free Member

Was up at the Cabrach a bit earlier, a lot of snow was sitting around lunchtime, but was mostly melted when I left around 4-ish. Still some flurries moving through there though.

Looking out the window now at Bennachie, there’s a bit lying at Oxen Craig, but rest of hill seems clear.

daviek

Spent a few hours over lunch time at Kirkhill and it was a bit ropey off the fire roads as the snow was starting to hang around. When it was heavy it was blinding as doughball here didn’t take glasses with him. Still the most fun I’ve had in I don’t know how long but it was cut short as I had to pick the Mrs up from her work

trail_rat
    Free Member

there was alot of snow.

judging by the amount of pushign the other guys were doing the fat bike showed its worth 😀

great fun.

trail_rat
    Free Member

snow – on the gordon way behind oxen craig.

euain

And looking the other way on Monday night.. not quite so much then 🙂

grantyboy
    Free Member

I stay in Inverurie and looking across the hills this morning they got a fair dusting last night

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Aberdeenshire conditions (snow)’ is closed to new replies.