Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Aberdeenists
  • euain

do i know you euain ? are you daves fast mate that used to be scottish champ in his youth ?

Certainly not me.. no allusions to be anyone’s fast mate! :).

I might have seen you round the Mates’ races – or out on the trail occasionally. Normally out Monday nights with a wee group (monday muppets). I’m normally on a black/blue Mach 5.7 Carbon though – so say hi if you see me out!

Every other Friday off for me…

same here. You based in Dyce by any chance?

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

MDK & Crack cleaner??? Am I missing some quality riding on my own doorstep?

Some decent quality riding, yes.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv81RbtqBto

RustyMac

Euain, a 5.7 but just an alu one in black. It has taken some time to get it all built up after I broke my iron horse mkiii.

hairyscary

Every other Friday off for me…
    same here. You based in Dyce by any chance?

Yep, RollsWood Group.

euain

Ah.. my 9-day fortnight comes courtesy of BP. I love it! More in the summer than today though!

Rusty – the Mach 5.7’s a great bike for round here! I got it to be a bit more travel and slacker than my old 120mm StumpJumper – but I’ve not ridden any other bike since I got it. It’s done everything from the Dudes’ Enduro to Strathpuffer with a tour de Nevis and many miles of local riding thrown in. Just better at everything than anything else I’ve ever ridden.

cblair246
    Free Member

Looks good, thanks for sharing Robin. Will have to give them a try out sometime once the weather improves.

hairyscary

I rode Scolty today. The FC have driven their harvesters up the trails from the mast and deliberately wrecked them 🙁
    They are not harvesting there.

cblair246
    Free Member

Was out at Kingshill/Gairnhill woods at the back of Bieldside/Cults yesterday and noticed the Forestry commission had been at work. Someone had a few ladder drops and nice features in part of the woods which have now either been bulldozered or chain-sawed in half 🙁 I hope it wasn’t anyone’s handy work on here?

Once the FC have moved on I would be game for attempting to make a more natural trail route as its a decent close location perhaps to a few of us? That is if the FC aren’t clearing it to let Stewart Milne put an estate on it??!!??

RustyMac

There seems to be some history with the FC and trails built in and around Aberdeen. I have heard of a number of ‘features’ being destroyed in the past. I think the crux of it comes down to the trails being built without permission and the possibility of the land owner getting sued if someone was to get hurt using them.

cblair246
    Free Member

It does seem a bit OTT to me the level of destruction they have gone for*

Still I’m going to try to maybe improve on some of the tails in the woods come the spring or summer. Won’t be building any massive wood features mainly due to my lack of wood butcher skills!!!

*Fully aware that building these type of trail features is illegal on FC land etc etc etc

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Aberdeenists’ is closed to new replies.