Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Aberdeen traffic?
  • Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Bruneep/TR et al –

I have a week long course in the Hilton doubletree, need to be there for 9 on the monday morning, ordinarily I’d get the train up on the sunday, but family events mean I need to travel (drive, as there’s no trains early enough) on the monday morning, so…

What time realistically would I need to be allowing to get from the A90 approach south of the city to get into hotel?.

The upside of having to drive of course, is that I’ll have my bike with me.

Cheers.

Stoner
    Free Member

on google maps (webpage version) when you turn on Traffic there is a drop down box bottom centre that lets you set a time of journey, i.e. Monday morning 9am.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Thanks stoner.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    paladin

theres 2 in aberdeen i think?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye, its the beach boulevard one.

aroyalnit
    Free Member

As city traffic goes…I commute to the harbour (Waterloo Quay, pretty much next to the beach boulevard) from Banchory for an 8:30 start.

It usually takes around an hour if I drive (~18 miles), about two thirds of that time is spent in the city side of the A90

trail_rat
    Free Member

Can’t help I’m afraid . Not driven in the city for about 14 weeks and even then now I can I avoid rush hour.

One thing I know is it’s no where near as bad as it was pre oil crash.

grantyboy
    Free Member

massively dependent on the Bride of Dee roundabout and how the traffic is flowing round there. So from Stonehaven I’d say an hour or so. I’m not sure where you are so using Stoney as a reference point

eastcoastmike
    Free Member

From South of the city I’d avoid the extremely fast and busy A90, and take the less direct but more peaceful and scenic route along the Coast Road for the last few miles.

connect2

If it’s next week don’t forget it’s Offshore Europe. Could be fine, could be traffic chaos!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Lol.

Think offshore Europe might be a flop. They have been on the phone 3 times this week asking me to go.

aberdeenlune
    Free Member

Lucky you to have a hotel room booked. I hear the Travelodge is charging £190 a night next week in Aberdeen. A few of the guys I work with who normally hotel it are working from home next week.

Yes I’d agree with the hour from Stonehaven estimate at that time in the morning.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

It’s not until the 18th, sounds not as bad as I feared 5am start should see me right!.

daviek

I was panicking there! I’ve my survival refresher to do and I’m from north of town :/ but it’s on Monday and offshore Europe doesn’t start until Tuesday

dragon
    Free Member

Aberdeen traffic is nothing like what it was 2-5 years ago. (1) There is the obvious effect of the downturn and (2) the roads have improved in certain areas like the improved airport junctions.

The one area that is terrible, is the A90 roadworks south of Aberdeen around Stonehaven, either try and avoid them or accept a potential delay.

bruneep

As has been said, traffic not as bad as it used to be.

That said from stonehaven to Aberdeen is still busy in am and is restricted to 50 mph average cameras so allow for that. Once over bridge of Dee traffic moves as well as expected for Aberdeen. An hour from bridge of Dee should be enough. Arriving there at 8 is rush hr. Takes one bump or breakdown to grind everything to a halt.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Ta Bruce.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Turns out you boys are right, definitely quieter than the last time I was here, from where it first backs up at kincorth on the way in, only 15 minutes to get right down to beach boulevard, that was at 7.45, was expecting busier.

Thanks.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Aberdeen traffic?’ is closed to new replies.