Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Abandoning our car in Manchester for 2 weeks…
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

The problem with Coast to Coast rides is that you don’t finish at the same place you start! Looking at the trains the most logical place to leave the car is Manchester and looking at our route up there from Farnborough it’ll be the west side of town we enter… The Salford area looks quite handy….
    Anybody know a nice quiet street with free parking where it won’t get in the way? 🙂

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

[insert witty comment about it not being there when you get back so it doesn’t matter where you leave it remark]

If you’re going to leave it anywhere, someone posh out near Knutsford etc might be an idea.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Hotels at airports often do free parking for 2 weeks. You car may actually be there when you get back too.

binners

Erm… Salford? Are you sure? If you were to make a list entitled ‘Places in the world not to leave your car, then after Kabul, and the the Gaza Strip is listed Salford. Before, it should be noted, South Central LA and a selection of Mexican border towns.

You can leave it outside my house if you like, in frightfully more civilised South Manchester. Drop me a mail – address in profile

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Ahh. Now see, I didn’t want to get involved with slagging Manchester off, So I won’t…. I see I can leave that up to the locals!

Binners, I might do that, I’ll see how it goes, thanks for the offer 🙂

(What area are you in, roughly…?)

Harry_the_Spider

Depending on when you are going you could leave it on my drive.

E-mail me.

Binners is right about Salford. The River Irwell doesn’t run though it… it sprints.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Take it to a petrol station, fill it up, then tell them you’ve forgotten your wallet. Leave them your watch / driving license as guarantee that you will be back with your wallet. Come back 2 weeks later and collect car.

binners

YGM fella

Cougar

Hotels at airports often do free parking for 2 weeks

… for non-residents? Really?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Abandoning our car in Manchester for 2 weeks…’ is closed to new replies.