• This topic has 26 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • aarrgghhhhhh i wanna ride!!
  • jedi

im injured since friday with torn calf but managed to do a coaching day yesterday and cant risk riding til wednesdays coaching.

i want to ride tomorrow 🙁 🙁 🙁

anyone else hate missing a day riding ? 🙁

Junkyard
    Free Member

Relax you are still better than most of us on here now enjoy your rest.
    Been ill for a week off out tomorrow

druidh
    Free Member

The downfall of having a business which involves riding a bike?

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

I've been working tons for the last few weeks and haven't ridden in far too long. Won't get to for another week, then I'm taking advantage of my preposterously long christmas break to get as much done as possible.

jedi

downfall??
    the downfall of trying to getting better at riding bmx 🙂

Bushwacked
    Free Member

I feel your pain – I hate missing riding especially when the sun is shining and a session is on!! Rest up and you'll be back before you know it.

Spend the time focusing on how to get more business in!!! or you can just get Nutkins to deliver some chocs to keep you sane – just make sure you you leave a window open so when he abseils through it you don't have to get it fixed afterwards!

robgarrioch

Definitely – had a cold since a night ride 2 weeks ago, had a turn round Lee Q last weekend thinking it was done, now coughing for Scotland, & it's looking reasonable tomorrow. Lousy winter viruses!

jedi

pmsl@bushwacked 🙂

lock
    Free Member

something good always comes out of something bad,
    do some dad stuff,husband stuff,business stuff, building stuff make the most out of the time pal.

im the same as you mate i hate being injured or having rest days when im training hard but there is always something to keep your mind ticking over,

worst thing to do is rush back and get injured again.you need rest,massage(no happy endings ones though)

look forward to hooking up soon on the bmx

im goner get down corby tuesday hopefully if anyone fancies it

jedi

if i can ride i will tuesday. atkins will be too

soops
    Free Member

I slipped a disc 10 weeks ago and have been stuggling to get out since. 😥

RustySpanner

"Patience young Jedi"

No point in buggering yourself up really badly now is there?

jedi

lol.
    i get like a bear with a sore head when i cant ride

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

jedi – Member

downfall??
    the downfall of trying to getting better at riding bmx

Tut tut. You really should know better at your age. You aren't a kid anymore you know.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Lock / Jedi – Enjoy Corby on Tuesday – Kids Nativity so can't make it this week!!!

jedi

tj, you only grow old when you stop

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ah well – don't say you weren't told.

I just took a bike out for a test ride – and thwacked my shin doing bunnyhops. Doh! Its not do what I do – its do what I say 🙂

Trekster

robgarrioch – Member

Definitely – had a cold since a night ride 2 weeks ago, had a turn round Lee Q last weekend thinking it was done, now coughing for Scotland, & it's looking reasonable tomorrow. Lousy winter viruses!

Ditto. Went out this afo and chest/throat now ruff as……..

jedi – Member

downfall??
    the downfall of trying to getting better at riding bmx

Tuff yes but your priorities have changed, you now have "clients" and a business to think about. It is not about you anymore.
    An aquaintance was given some very good advice from someone who is a marketing manager for a UK bike firm, he failed to heed that advice and his first bike shop venture failed.

He could not separate his love for biking from his dream of running a shop/business. Last thing you need is a rep of becoming unreliable, canceling "clients" due to you injuring yourself.

Tuff old game being self employed 😕

jedi

my dream is to show the world the simplicity of mtbing/cycling 1st and foremost.

genesis
    Free Member

Man its really pi**ing me off now, sat here with an ice pack munching painkillers and anti inflam's like smarties!

jedi

i walked this evening with a hobble but its an improvement 🙂

genesis
    Free Member

YGM 🙂

Kuco

Daffy

Cry me a river.

I broke my ankle 6 weeks ago and haven't been able to turn a pedal or even walk unaided since.

…but seriously, I know how you feel, I'm climbing the walls in here.

jedi

daffy, sorry to hear man. there's always someone worse off i know.
    heal well.

genesis, ygm??

genesis
    Free Member

You Good Man 😉

jedi

ahg. i thought you meant i got mail . i didnt get anything

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘aarrgghhhhhh i wanna ride!!’ is closed to new replies.