Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • aarr apple
  • showerman
    Free Member

i have always hated with a passion anything with an i 👿 in the name. the way you walk around with you phone laptop or ipod on view thinking it is so much better than anything else. well work gave me an ipod for 20yrs service so the evil empire got me in its grasp, i have to sign up to get itunes and have to give ccard details,coping music in it will not give me art work for many albums it then copys those albums as singles with no titles..yet good old windows rips the discs and gives me art work and titles as it is on the disc.hopefully you apple lovers will point out the error of my ways but sorry windows is the way to go but due to the apple market hype everything is designed for a sub standard product. 😈

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You need a few apps.

iEnglish would be a start.

emsz
    Free Member

iyawn

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

If you hate it that much, why didn’t you just sell the iPod?

Seems like a good iDea to me!

Jamie
    Free Member

No fair. I want a phone laptop.

mrmo
    Free Member

confused, all the “acquired music”, ripped cds, all have album art work and i have never bought anything with itunes.

loddrik
    Free Member

iClassifieds…

Pook

i ihave ialways ihated iwith a ipassion ianything iwith ian i iin ithe iname. ithe iway iyou iwalk iaround iwith iyou iphone ilaptop ior ipod iion iview ithinking iit iis iso imuch ibetter ithan ianything ielse. iwell iwork igave ime ian ipod ifor i20yrs iservice iso ithe ievil iempire igot ime in its igrasp, ii ihave ito isign iup ito iget itunes iand ihave ito igive iccard idetails,icoping imusic in it iwill inot igive ime iart iwork ifor imany ialbums it ithen icopys ithose ialbums ias isingles iwith ino ititles..iyet igood iold iwindows irips ithe idiscs iand igives ime iart iwork iand ititles ias it is ion ithe idisc.ihopefully iyou iapple ilovers iwill ipoint iout ithe ierror iof imy iways ibut isorry iwindows is ithe iway ito igo ibut idue ito ithe iapple imarket ihype ieverything iis idesigned ifor ia isub istandard iproduct$

allthegear
    Free Member

What a surprise – some people don’t like a particular product/manufacturer. I don’t like Trek – so what???

pixelmix
    Free Member

You need to be logged in to the iTunes store to get album artwork, or else it doesn’t download it. I’ve never found anything (except limited release really obscure small band stuff) that won’t automatically get album artwork.

grahamh
    Free Member
    Jamie
    Free Member

What a surprise – some people don’t like a particular product/manufacturer. I don’t like Trek – so what???

Have you considered writing a poorly thought out, illogical and badly punctuated post on the subject?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

pixelmix – Member
    You need to be logged in to the iTunes store to get album artwork, or else it doesn’t download it. I’ve never found anything (except limited release really obscure small band stuff) that won’t automatically get album artwork.

No you don’t. You need the artwork JPG in the folder where the album is and thats it!

CountZero

Perhaps if you extracted your head from your anus, you might learn how to use iTunes correctly. iTunes can and will get album artwork from Gracenote, same as track information. If it’s not getting it then you’re obviously not bright enough to set up iTunes to work properly, your poor spelling tends to support my assumption.
    For those who want to use an alternative to iTunes or want to use other file formats then this link will give you some suggestions:
    http://rss.macworld.com/click.phdo?i=289746b00dcf1de1213ba3962be85305

Drac

No you don’t. You need the artwork JPG in the folder where the album is and thats it!

You can also import from a any folder on your pc using itunes without logging in.

dandelionandmurdoch
    Free Member

So some poor bloke who obviously hasn’t got a clue posts a ramblin’ rant about not being able to work his new iPod and it descends into the usual toing and froing in only 30 minutes?

Ho ho ho, classic STW stuff this.

Sandwich

Operator in not wanting to learn new ways shocker!
    iYawn +1

donsimon
    Free Member

Product designers not able to design a simple product shocker!
    Yawn +1

sharkbait
    Free Member

Three_Fish
    Free Member

iParagraph or iPunctuate are invaluable, iFind.

Baron_von_drais
    Free Member

have to give ccard details

Or just use an iTunes card.

sharkbait
    Free Member

xiphon
    Free Member

iFail.

pixelmix
    Free Member

Well yeah, you can add your own artwork (I do for the odd album which doesn’t import with artwork), but the OP wanted iTunes to fill the artwork for him automatically when he ripped at CD, and that requires to be logged into the store.

DezB
    Free Member

iPod is crap at keeping artwork.
    I (extremely anally) tagged (using mp3tag) everything before loading into iTunes and still loads of tracks show no artwork.

have always hated with a passion anything with an i in the name
    How very silly.

Jamie
    Free Member

I (extremely anally) tagged (using mp3tag) everything before loading into iTunes and still loads of tracks show no artwork.

When the ability to add artwork came to itunes I spent a looong weekend tagging all my stuff. Adding jpgs directly to the files rather than using iTunes or cover.jpg to do it.

My eyes were all funny by the Sunday night.

sam_underhill

get yourself a copy of CopyTrans suite (it’s free). Lets you do sort out all the music stuff without going naer iTunes. it’s a million times better IMHO.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘aarr apple’ is closed to new replies.