Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 162 total)
  • Aaron Gwin is insane
  • Northwind

<spolier warning for anyone stupid enough to enter a world cup thread while trying to avoid the results>

Tyres? Where we’re going we don’t need tyres

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Some kudos for his wheel builder! Couldn’t believe that held up.

chvck
    Free Member

Utterly nuts!

andytherocketeer

who needs a “What tyres for…?”

BoardinBob

Its soul destroying that hes quicker down there without a rear tyre than I could ever hope to be on a fully functioning bike

kimbers

What bare rim for leogang ?

badllama
    Free Member

I was just expecting it to destroy itself onthe rocks but it held out 😯

passtherizla
    Free Member

Chuffin’ nuts!

mikey74
    Free Member

Gwin wins the Rob Warner “How Can He Sit Down With Balls That Big” award of the day.

Gwin’s mechanic wins the Isambard Kingdom Brunel prize for engineering excellence.

So happy Bryceland took his first win.

Northwind

I was waiting for the tyre to jam the wheel up right in the middle of some steps of doom 😆 Seems there is a god and he is watching!

Also enjoyed the super-slow-motion replays of Ratboy saying fooooooooook

MSP

Incredible days racing, any race could be won by a dozen contenders at the moment.

domcapper
    Free Member

any videos?

mikey74
    Free Member
    andytherocketeer

good to see both boys and girls races wide open. no 1-2 horse races this season.

euans2
    Free Member

Honestly couldn’t believe what I was seeing with Gwins run, totally changed my opinion of the guy, run of the day without a shadow of a doubt

fbk
    Free Member

That was the most impressive piece of riding I’ve seen in a long time. And what a great result too – almost glad I’m on duty so stuck in watching it 🙂

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

650b innit, don’t even need no tredz… Or something, I’ve no idea what he’s running.

My inappropriate crush on Manon grows by the day!

Someone has definitely shoved a rocket up Brycelands arse this year, amazed at his form. If only Brendog could do the same.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Just watched it. Just great riding, right at the top as well ! Can’t believe he got all the way down without it folding in half.

Brilliant result for Ratboy though.

Jamie
    Free Member

*skips to the end*

No link?

Pfft. Didn’t happen then.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMYW91g5bwI[/video]

MrOvershoot

euans2 – Member

Honestly couldn’t believe what I was seeing with Gwins run, totally changed my opinion of the guy, run of the day without a shadow of a doubt
    + a hell of a lot

Knew he was going to finish miles down but still stuck with it, rather than throwing a strop. Massive respect, even managed to still make it look easy 😮

stupot
    Free Member

FS one rear wheel, used once, minor scratches…

njee20
    Free Member

Holy shit. Chapeau.

edward2000
    Free Member

This removes the right for 99% of people to start a what tyre thread now. A bad workman blames his tools.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I want to dislike Gwin, but it’s difficult when he has so much ability and humility.

Another amazing race in what looks set to be a cracking season. Good on Ratboy

Rorschach
    Free Member

He would have placed in the top 10 if he had boobs and a fufu.

maxtorque

On a slightly tenous, but DH connected, tangent, i really like Emmeline Ragots new hair do! 😉

ninfan
    Free Member

I reckon that Gwins gilet was pushing the no skin suit rule a bit mind…

kimbers

pleased for bryceand and a great day for the women too

tahnee (5th)
    manon (1st!!!!!)
    rach (2nd)

Hopk1ns
    Free Member

26″ wheel in 1st and 2nd…. just saying

scaredypants

Look

At

The

Tyre !

stuartmccarthy
    Free Member

monkeyfudger – Member

+1

toppers3933
    Free Member

It was brilliant to watch. When the last guy (forget his name , sorry) crashed I actually cheered. Which is frightfully unsportsmanlike I am aware. But I was really pleased for Miami bryce.
    Gwins run was awesome. Totally expected the wheel to fold.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

I must admit I cheered too when loic bruni (or logic Bruno as my phone insists on calling him) came a cropper. I was expecting gwin’s tyre to catch around a tree trunk or something similar. I was expecting the worse. Brilliant entertainment though and a great win by ratboy. Can’t wait for Meribel, going to that one.

Hopk1ns
    Free Member

Katy Curd 1st in 4cross
    Manon Carpenter 1st downhill
    Josh Bryceland 1st in downhill

Brits rule!!!

mikey74
    Free Member

At least there’s one World Cup where we can win :mrgreen:

samjgeorge86
    Free Member

stuartmccarthy – Member

monkeyfudger – Member

+1[/quote]

+2

Echo what someone else said, it really is soul destroying seeing him still ride so much faster than I could dream! Kudos to him, and his mechanic, I found his run the most enjoyable to watch. Skill set in full swing there!

Plus!! RATBOY WON! <<< This, is great news 🙂

wideboy
    Free Member

INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best run of the day by far. Still can’t quite fathom how the wheel survived.

I too had taken a bit of a dislike for poor old Gwin, but that run combined with the fact he seemed genuinely happy for Ratboy is changing my mind.

Still feel a little robbed by the timing error on Rats run though…

What a race 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

01:53:00 for Ratboy’s run, for those who haven’t seen it.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUhmZ_z-_24[/video]

Northwind

Thinking about it, the last 2 mens’ races were won by folks who’d never won a wc before, that’s pretty cool. And not just 4 different winners but the most mixed up podiums I can remember, up til today no rider had been on the podium twice.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

After screaming at Ratboy from 6ft away last weekend to jumping up and down in the living room today I am utterly inspired.

My champion of “ride bikes, have fun” and doing things your own way.

Peaty definitely gave him a slap and told him “this is your time” *picture the scene*
    Well done, lad.

And kudos to Minaar for devotion to charity, flying out to London straight after.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 162 total)

The topic ‘Aaron Gwin is insane’ is closed to new replies.