Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Aaargh! Van key remote buggered.
  • MrSparkle

Got a Vivaro van and the remote had always required a little bit of pushing to unlock and switch the alarm off but was never a problem. Until now… Come to unlock it and it won’t have it. Thought it was the battery so got a new one. Nope.
    When I split the casing to put the battery in and have a look at the actual switches on the pcb the ‘off’ one doesn’t click. The ‘on’ does have a click and still work. An LED lights up as it does.
    This is my only key for the van. Anybody know if it possible to get a new one coded to it with it in its present state? Any suggestions/advice very welcome.
    Ta.

blurty

Isn’t there a manual over-ride, to at least get you in?

(On my car it’s a mechanical lock on the underside of the passenger side door handle)

MrSparkle

Not that I know of. If I open it manually the alarm goes off.

huckersneck
    Free Member

There are services that offer to re-body your key for you & cna also solder on replacement switches if the originals are knackered like yours appear to be. This is referrign to Mercedes services I’ve seen but I’m sure that most/all marques are catered for. Have a Google?

If you’re happy splitting down the key yourself then potentially this is something you could have a go at, depending on soldering knowledge and part availability?

Jerome
    Free Member

Master key should open the car with alarm not going off . At least it does on my car. No master key – hmm

twang
    Free Member

Its probably a buggered micro switch jobby. I’ve just replaced mine which did same (vivaro)
    Cheap enough on eBay but need to be soldered if you’ve got the skills/feeling brave.
    Edit, too slow/what he said ^^

Northwind

Don’t know your van but with mine, getting the key into the ignition stops the alarm going off. With some others, you need to actually set the ignition

Harry_the_Spider

Simon, I’ve sent you a text.

fallsoffalot
    Free Member

On a car i had you turned the key the opposite way to opening the door first for a few seconds which disabled the alarm before opening the door

ps44
    Free Member

I got mine fixed by these guys: http://www.automobilelocksmith.co.uk/
    Good as new

MrSparkle

Thanks everybody. Got a plan of action now. Cheers.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Aaargh! Van key remote buggered.’ is closed to new replies.