Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • AAAGGHHH
  • Pook

they’re having a conversation in my office about which is their favourite compare the market advert.

Now corrie.

bruneep

Is there no work to be done?

Pook

seemingly not.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Good lord.!

johndoh
    Free Member

For those talking about adverts or those posting on a forum it seems…

IHN

Yeah, I mean look at the intellectually rigorous stuff being discussed on here…

cranberry
    Free Member

they’re having a conversation in my office about which is their favourite compare the market advert.

Now corrie.

In these circumstances you are legally entitled to hit anyone taking part in the discussion with a shovel.

Go at it until your arms ache.

rOcKeTdOg

Compare which market to what? Is this a celeb show ❓

RustySpanner

Bury is pretty good and always receives the accolades, but Bolton actually has all you need at much lower prices. Better fish stall, fresher veg and a cracking cheese stall too.
    Tod market is very overpriced, but the secondhand refurbed Dyson stall is well worth a visit.

binners

You’ve picked the perfect place to complain about people whiling away the working day discussing pointless and irrelevant trivia

I suggest excitedly interrupting them, and enthusiastically describing, in graphic detail, the massive, deeply satisfying poo you’ve just had! You could do a little reconstruction (trousers up, of course) with appropriate grunting and gurning

BenjiM

and a cracking cheese stall too.

Both are run by the same folks, Purdons. We supply them with their fermented dairy produce.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

Bolton’s fish market is much better ans d the veg market is excellent with exotic vegetables from all over the world, Rochdale market however is a 1960s concrete nightmare with nothing to reccommend it …hope that helps

piemonster

I like the Meerkats

bikebouy
    Free Member

Borough Market has gone down the tubes in my estimation over the last couple of years.
    Farmers Markets are generally full of stuff you can buy out of a cash n carry, very few have actual Farmers selling their wares..

binners

I thought farmers markets were where middle class people went to pay double supermarket prices for vegetables that still have mud on them, and therefore must be organic? Possibly

And where enterprising rural folk buy Value Own-Brand Sausages from Asda, and repackage them in waxed brown paper as Muggings & Co, purveyors of finest organic, hand-reared bangers since 1805. With a load of crap on like ‘our Gloucester Old Spot pigs are happy, free as they are to roam the land ….blah, blah, blah…..’ printed on the back

When they see a copy of the Guardian, there eyes display pound coins, like a fruit machine

RustySpanner

There’s a cracking farm shop on Long Causeway near the Kettledrum pub in Cliviger binners.
    They do ready meals for £2.50 in plastic containers, well worth a pop.
    Try the beef casserole, it’s spot on. Ample portions too .
    Reminds me a bit of This n That. Good home cooked food, without the stupid prices.

Avoid the lamb sausages though, very fatty.

The jam’s nice.

Cougar

Is it organic plastic?

(http://www.longcauseway.co.uk/ btw)

RustySpanner

That’s the one! 🙂

It’s very nice.

We usually save up the containers and mutilate sheep with the broken shards.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Salford market has only a few stalls but they offer a range of handguns up to .45 ACP and rifles up to .308. Watch out for the quarterly “Fully Auto Sundays” where you can pick up reasonably priced AKs and keenly priced more exotic offerings from Famas and IMI. I picked up a Galil for less than a grand.

The jacket potato van is sublime.

Bregante

If we’re going to talk markets.

(waits for binners to get all misty eyed)

Beaten to it!!

RustySpanner

Do they still do the home baked crack? 🙂
    Very moreish.

Used to work in the Pawnbrokers on Salford Precinct.
    Interesting times 😀

Bregante

Rusty, I bet you and I had a lot of the same “customers” then 🙂

binners

The trick with Salford Market is to sit in the pub next to it. Then, while you sip you’re pint of Stella and read the Sun, the market comes to you. Via the medium of various pasty, ill-looking yoofs in quilted leisure-wear

Bregante

It’s a bit like Harrods, you can get literally anything. 42″ plasma? Delivered to your door later that same night? No problem. Comes with a free bonus table lamp still attached to the multi point adaptor and a remote control for a hi-fi though.

RustySpanner

I was in ‘Mays’ Bregante, lending cash and mutilating babies ears.
    Late 80’s.

I loved it, tbh.

johndoh
    Free Member

binners – Member
    I thought farmers markets were where middle class people went to pay double supermarket prices for vegetables that still have mud on them, and therefore must be organic? Possibly

And where enterprising rural folk buy Value Own-Brand Sausages from Asda, and repackage them in waxed brown paper as Muggings & Co, purveyors of finest organic, hand-reared bangers since 1805. With a load of crap on like ‘our Gloucester Old Spot pigs are happy, free as they are to roam the land ….blah, blah, blah…..’ printed on the back

When they see a copy of the Guardian, there eyes display pound coins, like a fruit machine

LOL – on the ‘Post of 2013’ shortlist already.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I use these guys “Bowtell Farmers” [/url] near East Tisted in Hants, bout’ 15 mins by car from home along one of the fastest A roads in the country, with dead motorbike’ists still in verges*. Organic beef and lamb and veg too, award winning yadda yadda however the veg does indeed come with dirt on it, this can be a pain, but if you run the veg through the dishwasher first you find it comes of a treat, like.
    Some of the best Sausages in the whole World** come from here.

*not true, but it is always full of motorbike’ists.
    ** this is a true fact.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘AAAGGHHH’ is closed to new replies.