Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Aaaargh! Smashed my Garmin 800.
  • mintimperial

Bike fell over in the garage whilst I was faffing, landed on something pointy, result:

It all still works under there, but it’s now pretty much impossible to read anything on the screen in normal daylight. A quick Google seems to indicate that basically I’m screwed and may as well just shell out for a new one, but I’d like a second opinion from you lot. So, what are my options? Anyone replaced the glass on one of these things?

mrmo
    Free Member

contact garmin and ask if they do repairs. I seem to remember they used to do fixed price repairs,

chief9000
    Free Member

Oh dear mate,

maybe you could buy a dead one with intact case from someone and swap insides?

simmy
    Free Member

Don’t Garmin refurbish them for a good price if its sent off to them ?

Sure I’ve seen threads when they have been damaged and repaired.

gee
    Free Member

Garmin are excellent on things like this. Got a refurbed Forerunner for £80 when mine smashed.

GB

plop_pants
    Free Member

That should be easy for Garmin to fix, I think the screen cover is just stuck on with double sided sticky tape, my 60csx is.

stevemtb
    Free Member

Sure someone I was riding with recently said Garmin replaced their/a friends screen for £80

creamegg
    Free Member

Garmin dont repair screens but offer a new replacement at a very discounted price. Cant remember what they quoted tho, in the region of £100 plus or minus £20

ac282

I’ve just been quoted £68 for an edge 500 repair. I assume you’d be looking at something slightly more than that.

leffeboy

I did the same with my 705 in an OTB moment on some rocks. Sent it back to garmin and got a replacement for around 95 GBP I think. Seemed to be a brand new unit as far as I could tell. Fantastic deal as far as I was concerned

plop_pants
    Free Member

spose as its a touch screen it going to be a few bob.

mintimperial

Cheers folks, I shall drop Garmin a line and see what they can do. 🙂

mintimperial

Update: I emailed Garmin and they advised that they could do a replacement for about £75 if I sent the smashed one back to them. I had to phone them up to arrange the RMA details, which was a bit annoying as I had to spend over an hour on hold before I got through, but apart from that it was dead easy and they turned around a refurbished replacement in about a week. I’m actually quite impressed.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Aaaargh! Smashed my Garmin 800.’ is closed to new replies.