Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Aaaaarrrghhh Ryanair
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Anyone else had it fall down just as you were paying? Now it wont let me in at all 🙁

Pigface
    Free Member

Anyone else having problems with the web site?

iamsporticus
    Free Member

may I be the first to suggest youve had a lucky escape 🙂

grantway
    Free Member

So you don’t have the luck of the irish

Secondly I wouldn’t fly Ryanair

mikewsmith
    Free Member

you probably didn’t put 50p in the meter while paying

Pigface
    Free Member

They are an evil necessity sometimes, this time I will be using an alternative.

jota180
    Free Member

grantway
    Free Member

LOL I’ll Name that in two 😉

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Ryanair are great. Been all over with them over the years, no cancellations, not even one delay. Not pretty, plastic seats etc, but it works. And they’ve not been subsidised with my taxes for years, unlike BA

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Last time I flew, turns out ba are cheaper, and they don’t treat you like a ****.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Er, yes they do. Check their stats on delays and cancellations. They’re all just businesses, doing the same thing. Ryanair is just an easy target for some folks.

jota180
    Free Member

I’ve been with them a few times, last time was a bit of a ‘challenge’

Poor weather meant that the incoming flights from LBA were a bit late [~1hr] – our RA flight however was 9 hours delayed.
    They insisted it was all down to poor weather at LBA and not their fault, and as soon as the aircraft could take off they’d have it on it’s way. It was all lies
    It turned out that rather than the plane heading down for us in Tenerife, they sent it off to do a return trip to Treviso first, it then needed to to a stop-over in Stanstead to change the crew.
    When RA were eventually asked about the the extra rotation the aircraft did, they just went silent and refused further comment.
    I get around enough to know that things happen and I’m quite pragmatic about it but the way RA behave when something goes wrong is appalling, you get pretty much no info on what your’re entitled to or what they’ll do to help you, it all up to you to figure out and claim/sue to recover it later.

NJA

We have a small apartment in Spain near to Murcia Airport, so we fly Ryanair three or four times a year. Can’t pretend it is something I look forward to doing, but if you play by their rules it is a cheap and efficient way of commuting in Europe.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

if you play by their rules it is a cheap and efficient way of commuting in Europe.

This.

And it gives a few STWers something about which to feel superior.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Cheap? Not always.
    I went to book flights to amsterdam with ryan air.
    Started a 70 quid a head, half an hour spent on there web site booking it, with fees, now 125 quid…….
    Ba were 115 all in. 😯

mikewsmith
    Free Member

but if you play by their rules it is a cheap and efficient way of commuting in Europe.

O’Leary just heard that it’s £5 to download the rules now and they will change after each download.

jota180
    Free Member

Started a 70 quid a head, half an hour spent on there web site booking it, with fees, now 125 quid…….
    Ba were 115 all in

You must have added extras, all fees have to be up front now
    I only ever pay the headline figure + the 2% credit card charge with RA

zokes
    Free Member

I get around enough to know that things happen and I’m quite pragmatic about it but the way RA behave when something goes wrong is appalling, you get pretty much no info on what your’re entitled to or what they’ll do to help you, it all up to you to figure out and claim/sue to recover it later.

Give them their due, the last time I few with them, Manchester T3’s luggage system was borked. They were very helpful making sure people got the luggage checked in priority order, helped us get through passport quickly, and held the plane until we were all onboard.

On the way back though, first I new about landing was the bump. So much for “all electronic devices must be turned off” – noise cancelling headphones and a fast approaching deadline meant I didn’t hear the captain’s announcement, and no cabin crew deigned to suggest it was time to turn everything off etc.

Moses

Ryanair took me to Morocco once.
    The return flight was cancelled. No refunds on the spot, no accommodation help, no replacement aircraft brought in, just a “make your own way home”.
    I was lucky, I got tke last seats on an Easyjet flight the same day, but there was a family of 6 left stranded who reckoned it would cost them £2k to return to the UK.

Oh, yes, they did offer seats for free on the next available flights wit hspare spaces, but some of those were 4 weeks ahead.

Absolute nightmare, absolute barstweards

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Jota, this was a couple of years ago, and no extras.
    Haven’t looked at them since.

jota180
    Free Member

I still fly with them if the times and dates are good and other options limited

You do wonder sometimes though, I see they had to declare a “MAYDAY” 3 times in a single day last year when they found themselves a bit short of fuel whilst waiting to land at Madrid.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Aaaaarrrghhh Ryanair’ is closed to new replies.