Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • AAAAARRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RAAAAAANNNTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • psychle
    Free Member

so I needed to get a parcel to someone on Saturday just gone, posting on the Thursday of last week… went down to the Post Office at 4pm only to be told, "Oh, sorry, you're parcel is 6cm too big to send Next Day Recorded, it'll have to go Parcelforce, but the man has already been to collect, so there's no way to get it there for you…" Grrrr…

But, fine I say, I'll just use bloody DHL, they have the intelligence to do a Friday collection/Saturday Delivery service… So I set it up through Parcel2Go, pay £24 and the parcel is duly collected on Friday… excellent I think, that's my job done and the parcel will be there Saturday, that's why I paid £24 for it!

Oh no… I get an email on Monday saying the service has been changed to a normal delivery and it'll be delivered on Monday instead… SO WHY THE **** DID I PAY £24 FOR WHAT IN ESSENCE WAS A NORMAL £8 SERVICE?????

I queried this with Parcel2Go, here's what they had to say:

"Although the service that you paid for was unsuccessful, it does enjoy a 96% success rate. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this matter has caused you and the receiver of this parcel. Unfortunately we can not offer any sort of refund as it does state on our website that it is not a 100% guarenteed service."

Again, I ask (quite reasonably I think?) WHY THE **** DID I PAY £24 FOR WHAT IN ESSENCE WAS A NORMAL £8 SERVICE?????

AAAAAAARRRRRRSSSSSHOOOOLLESSSS!!!!

PS: Would be quite happy for someone to try and explain this one to me… did I basically just gamble £16 and lose????

Really rather p1ssed off with this… 👿

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Capitals, incoherence, clever avoidance of the swear filter and a totally uninteresting topic. I'm impressed. As a first rant, this shows promise.

7/10

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

You would have thought they would at least refund the difference between the two services

psychle
    Free Member

You'd have thought wouldn't you? cooocccks… 👿 maybe I should talk to DHL direct??

and a totally uninteresting topic

It's interesting to me… that £16 could pay for at least 3 serves of chips at your favourite chippery Mr Flash 😉

TheSwede
    Free Member

It could be worse. It could have been you waiting to receive the parcel on Saturday.

Kato

too many caps and italics

any chance of a synopsis?

djglover
    Free Member

You can't account for idiot members of the general public who do not read the terms and conditions.

FAIL

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Good rant, sorry to anyone woprking for couriers out there, but shite service usually.

psychle
    Free Member

You can't account for idiot members of the general public who do not read the terms and conditions.

Indeed… but why offer the bloody service in the first place? why did I pay £24 bloody pounds for it??

It could have been you waiting to receive the parcel on Saturday

True, and the thing is I split the cost with the receiver… so they're p1ssed off with me 😥

djglover
    Free Member

why did I pay £24 bloody pounds for it??

Refer to my first post 😉

psychle
    Free Member

So I gambled and lost? Seems bloody stupid, doesn't it? Or am I missing something?

djglover
    Free Member

Or am I missing something?

Refer to my first post 😉

Fraz
    Free Member

Ive had the exact same rant with parcel2go.
    Its a crap crap crap service.

Fair enough they do mention it at the time of purchase but whats the point in offering 24 and 48 delivery when they cant pick it up.

I had three failed pick ups for one parcel before I lost the rag

psychle
    Free Member

96% of the time successful apparently… not if you're sending it to Fife it doesn't seem 🙁

trail_rat
    Free Member

didnt you know scotland is the islands thus geographically illelligable for 24 hour delivery 😉

i live in aberdeen – most websites want to charge me highlands and islands charge despite it being in grampian not the highlands and islands

jam-bo

didnt you know scotland is the islands thus geographically illelligable for 24 hour delivery

i live in aberdeen – most websites want to charge me highlands and islands charge despite it being in grampian not the highlands and islands

citylink do a timed service to abergloom. only company to do so I believe.

still no guarantee they won't loose it or steal it….

bruneep

I was asked to pay a surcharge for delivery to Aberdeen as the courier needed to take the ferry. 🙄

duntmatter
    Free Member

Long.
    Fail.

Rich
    Free Member

I wouldn't trust my money with a company who can't spell guaranteed.

😉

postierich
    Free Member

Use us or lose Us 😉

intrigued to know what was 6cm to long for us to take!

bigyinn
    Free Member

bruneep – Member

I was asked to pay a surcharge for delivery to Aberdeen as the courier needed to take the ferry.
    Perhaps the courier was based in Orkney?

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

small print – its a bitch.

i never promise anyone when it'll arrive, i just tell them it'll be sent 1st class (if poss), and it'll get there when it does 🙂

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘AAAAARRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RAAAAAANNNTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.