Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Aaaaagh effing computers.
  • zippykona

1.Trying to scan a document to email. It says its all connected to the Internet. Press the button to scan then it says it can’t connect to the Internet. Make your effing mind up.
    2. Bought a new router. Paperwork says password is 1234. Put disc in ,says password is 1234. Press setup button ,enter password. Wrong password apparently. Jeeeesus effing Christ.
    3. iPad… Can’t receive mail as settings are wrong. They are the same effing settings as yesterday when it worked just fine.
    Do computerist people really enjoy **** us over? What beef do they have with society in general?

jam-bo

turn it off and on again.

sas
    Free Member

You hate computers. Computers hate you. Seems fair 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Maybe you should switch from effing computers to a more reputable operating system such as Windows or MacOS.

PS don’t use a disk to set up a router. Very pointless.

wwaswas

why does your scanner need to be connected to the internet?

zippykona

You bloody lot aren’t even humans. You’re just a computer generated eff me off programme.

z1ppy

hang on…

1) Is a software issue
    2) Is a router issue
    3) Is a tablet issue

So not computer issues at all then? 😈

freddyg
    Free Member

Do you like poached eggs?

GrahamS

Could 3 and 1 be related to 2?

New router that doesn’t connect to internet.

1 is reporting that it is successfully connected to router, but still can’t see the internet.

3 the iPad, on your wifi, can’t connect either so can’t get mail.

glenh
    Free Member

Sounds like 3 cases of User Error to me.

GrahamS

Alternatively 1 and 3 are caused because whatever email servcie you use is currently down.

zippykona

I give you the perfect poached egg method. All I want is a bit of love and support in return.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

What beef do they have with society in general?

It’s not that so much.

More like a general lack of recognition of the concept of ‘society’.

DezB
    Free Member

I suspect zippykona thinks that everyone in IT fixes PCs.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

More like a general lack of recognition of the concept of ‘society’.

…a bit like Thatcher :mrgreen:

z1ppy

To be fair Graham has a good point, if you replaced your router, are the ipad & scanner now actually connected to the ‘new’ router (WiFi?) network?

thepurist

Are you on o2/be unlimited – their email seems to be borked today which could explain some of that. (SMTP error messages etc)

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

oh yes, that’s a point – are you connected to the network, but not to the internet?

zippykona

1. Router was at home and the man who sold it to us came around and put a different password in and it worked. Why not give us that password to start off with?
    2. Scanning to email is at my shop. It was fine last week and no one has played with any buttons.
    3. IPad is at home. All the settings are the same as on my phone and shop iPad but still apparently wrong. If left a couple of days they suddenly become alright again.

nealglover
    Free Member

Router sounds like the cause. Computer connected to router but router not connected to the Internet.

Genius Scan for ipad, scan document then email it using your phone.

GrahamS

IPad is at home. All the settings are the same as on my phone and shop iPad but still apparently wrong. If left a couple of days they suddenly become alright again.

iPad at home is presumably using your wifi.

Phone at home could be using 3G

iPad at shop is obviously using a different wifi.

Ergo it could be your wifi.

steve-g
    Free Member

POBKAC

zippykona

url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/90204512@N08/8659816487/][/url]
    Untitled by likebike2012, on Flickr
    This turned up today!

samuri
    Free Member

Do computerist people really enjoy **** us over? What beef do they have with society in general?

Where we went wrong was making computers simple enough for normal people to think they could manage them. We should have kept them complex and then everyone would have to get a man in who knew what he was doing just like they do (happily) with every other piece of complex technology they own.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

1 and 2 equals 3 I reckons.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Aaaaagh effing computers.’ is closed to new replies.