Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Aaaaaaargh! Blimming time-wasting non-buyers . Why? Why?
  • GrahamS

Ha.. maybe youve just been had….
    http://dontevenreply.com/

That is awesome. Morning wasted!

Leave it on the street in a council estate. It’ll find a new home of its own

Right – so assuage my desperate middle-class need to be environmentally responsible by simply fly-tipping it somewhere poor? 😆

fasthaggis

What rating is it?

Del

xxx

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    fasthaggis

Is it the only one in the village ?

perchypanther
    Free Member

How many lumens does it have?

I’m really into night cooking.

Cougar

possibly goat bukkake if it’s classy

Careful googling that, you’ll end up with loads of pictures of kids.

Kahurangi

Right – so assuage my desperate middle-class need to be environmentally responsible by simply fly-tipping it somewhere poor?

May I recommend the cycleway 72 just near the Scotswood bridge?

Although I saw a lost pheasant there a few weeks ago so maybe it’s still not poor enough.

Cougar

If it’s a lost pheasant then it could still be a poor area. It’s the areas with at-home pheasants you want to avoid.

GrahamS

Nah, then the poor Sustrans Volunteer Ranger for that stretch would need to deal with it… oh wait… 🙂

amedias
    Free Member

is it collection only?

I’d definitely take it if you’re prepared to box it up and wait in from 9-5 between now and Friday for my courier to collect.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’ll be round in ten minutes.

Let’s face it… unless I get the comfort eating under control i’ll be round for the rest of my life.

GrahamS

Clearly the manly thing to do is to salvage the transformer, replace the secondary winding and turn it into a spot welder:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65I4Zx5VDKo[/video]

http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-Spot-Welder-From-Microwave/

Sundayjumper

I’d definitely take it if you’re prepared to box it up and wait in from 9-5 between now and Friday for my courier to collect.

OMG, this, a lot.

Pretty much every time I list something on ebay for collection only, I will get questions about this, or worse, someone wins and tells me they will send a courier. Then goes quiet and ignores the communications from ebay about cancelling the transaction. Meanwhile ebay have charged me the final fee value and I’m out of pocket until the request times out and I get a credit three weeks later.

I even had someone tell me it’s fine, that they’ll arrange the postage and all I need to do is wrap it up, attach a label and drop it off at a collection point five miles away. That is literally about 98% of what would be involved if I offered postage from the outset, do they really think it’s the two minutes typing in an address that is the issue here ? T**ts.

Next time I’ll specify that a courier is fine as long as they provide all the packing materials, wrap the item, label it, and can guarantee to pick up at 19:40 next Thursday.

And I bet I’ll still get idiotic questions.

Junkyard
    Free Member

list collection only and then a large price to courier it

Seems to stop all but the most stupid

You can then just go – yes postage is fine for £50 but collection is free.

GrahamS

That’s been the good thing about the Facebook sale groups: they are local groups for local people. Half the time we end up exchanging smaller things while dropping the kids at school.

(The other good thing is that they are free)

Sundayjumper

yes postage is fine for £50 but collection is free.yes postage is fine for £50 but collection is free.

They will just argue that if their courier collects it, that’s collection, and is free ! Just chancers. They can’t really be that stupid.

kcal

I gave up on our local free to a good home FB group. The feedback from the folk that were interested was rubbish.

Equally, tried to offload a sofa locally on Gumtree. “I’ll come round Tuesday am” says first response.
    OK, I respond and agree that she’ll need transport.
    Nothing that day – message them, “are you still wanting this sofa”.
    “No, couldn’t get transport”. Ah, ok, so its ok for me to wait in all morning.. Tosser.

Sold to the next guy on the list, top bloke, who’d had same treatment in reverse when he’d tried to buy something – so completely understood 🙂

thestabiliser
    Free Member

One presumes that this is some form of oik rayburn?

johndoh
    Free Member

Been there, done that.

Once left an item outside every day for over two weeks and kept asking them when they were picking up, they kept saying tomorrow so I kept leaving it outside. Eventually I gave up and gave it to someone else so then they sent me a snotty message saying they had come round and it wasn’t there.

GrahamS

Update

That’s more like it. I re-listed it. Bloke said he wanted it and he came round fifteen minutes later to pick it up. 😀

antigee

yossarian – Member
    How much does it weigh?

[strava]trying to calculate a power curve?[/strava]

rickmeister

Is it still available ?

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Aaaaaaargh! Blimming time-wasting non-buyers . Why? Why?’ is closed to new replies.