Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • AAAAAAAAARGH Bike and child related stress.
  • scaled
    Free Member

Just seen the Mrs out the door with the little ‘un in the Hamax car seat for the first time.

I’m fretting about everything, traffic, the 4 tram lines they have to cross, all the way down to the fact that the bike seat might not be there when they get out of (Baguley) Tescos*.

Put my mind at ease.

DickBarton

Go for a pedal…it’ll be fine.

rocketman
    Free Member

Follow them!

franksinatra

I always found that when I road with kid seat on the back, or with trailer, or when I had the road train (tag along and trailer) drivers were extra considerate and gave us a really wide berth.

Lucky kid though, getting ridden around rather than being stuck in a car. One of my earliest memorries is sitting in the bike seat on the back of my mums bike as she cycles to her cleaning job. I would have been around 2 years old and can picture everything in detail.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Is that the same baguely they’re having the combine harvesters for the blind rally and crystal meth fest this afternoon?

dannyh
    Free Member

Just tell her not to stand up to pedal – the way the seat makes the bike slosh about is massively unnerving!

You wait until the kiddie falls asleep and their head is lolling around like a dead chicken’s – that’s worrying to start with as well, but both my kids have had some of their best afternoon kips in the hamax and woken up with no ill effects.

Be careful about farting, though. I let one rip when I thought my son was asleep. The most embarrassing thing was that he didn’t react at the time, but related the tale at nursery to one of the workers there. Cue much hilarity the next time I went in to pick him up.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Lucky kid though, getting ridden around rather than being stuck in a car. One of my earliest memorries is sitting in the bike seat on the back of my mums bike as she cycles to her cleaning job. I would have been around 2 years old and can picture everything in detail.

It’s so nice to read this. My folks were never cyclists but I have been ferrying my kids around on bikes since they were 6 months old on a front mounted Yepp. It’s nice to think that the experience will stick with them and hopefully be passed down in years to come.

scaled
    Free Member

They survived!

2 supermarkets and the school run, picked up the 5 year old on her Commencal Ramone.

4.1 miles and 1 QOM

mrblobby
    Free Member

always found that when I road with kid seat on the back, or with trailer, or when I had the road train (tag along and trailer) drivers were extra considerate and gave us a really wide berth.

You would think so but I’ve had some ridiculously inconsiderate driver moments when towing the trailer. When I’m on my own it’s easy to let it go, but when I’m towing the kids along it’s hard not to get seriously wound up.

Had one floor it to overtake me the other day on a roundabout with oncoming traffic. Just mental and really close. Caught up with him and remarkably calmly asked him if he could be a bit more patient and give me more room next time especially as I had the kids in the trailer. His response… “Yeah well I’ve got kids too”… eh?! TBH he didn’t look old enough.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Depends on two things – is the bike seat set up to give the kid a face full of arse like so many of them are, and does your missus have an arse that you’d want a face full of. 😉

mrblobby
    Free Member

Think my kids feel the same way. The oldest is always asking to be picked up in the trailer (the youngest probably would too but can’t speak yet!) and are usually don’t want to get out when they get home. Also funny to see the other kids leaving nursery at the same time wanting to come have a look and asking why they don’t get picked up by bike 🙂

It’s just a shame that roads, drivers, and crap cycle paths around here can make it quite a stressful experience for me.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘AAAAAAAAARGH Bike and child related stress.’ is closed to new replies.