• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by pk13.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • AA Car Genie
  • P-Jay
    Free Member

Just saw an ad for this:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/car-genie-aa-device-app-predict-car-breakdown-service-save-people-fuel-customer-drivers-a7648736.html%3famp

It’s £29 a year and seems to act as a ODBII on-the-fly reader and will notify you via an app (which seems to go against the grain for most Road Safety advice) if something is going to go wrong. It’s far from full proof, even the AA reckon it’ll miss 70% breakdown faults.

Any thoughts from more car-savvy STW, but the questioning have is this. My car will go mad if it runs low on screen wash, low on fuel, if one of the tyres goes a little flat, oil gets low etc and probably a lot more – why can’t they incorporate these sorts of preventative warning into the existing system?

jimjam
    Free Member

P-Jay –

Any thoughts from more car-savvy STW, but the questioning have is this. My car will go mad if it runs low on screen wash, low on fuel, if one of the tyres goes a little flat, oil gets low etc and probably a lot more – why can’t they incorporate these sorts of preventative warning into the existing system?

If it has those sensors then you’ll get notified accordingly. If it doesn’t you won’t and presumably the app will require the same sensors.

P-Jay
    Free Member

So it’s a bit pointless then?

pk13

Just a obd2 reader I would guess that measures engine revs and temp ect. Mostly junk if it is.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘AA Car Genie’ is closed to new replies.