Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • A9 – first fatal accident in a single carriageway section
  • geoffj

…since the cameras were switched on?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-31648410

Very sad.

I wouldn’t be surprised to find out that the crash was in the single carriage way section behind the camera but ahead of the dual carriage way bit. As folk begin to realise that the dual sections aren’t monitored (between Perth and Inverness), these pre-dual sections are becoming the new wacky raceways.

Drive carefully out there folks!

STATO
    Free Member

these pre-dual sections are becoming the new wacky raceways.

Thats pretty much standard everywhere.

jambalaya
    Free Member

OP, so you think one guy slammed the brakes on for the camera or dodgy overtaking ?

STATO
    Free Member

I think he was suggesting someone somewhere was going for a pre-dual overtake.

geoffj

STATO – Member
    I think he was suggesting someone somewhere was going for a pre-dual overtake.

POSTED 16 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

That would be my guess. There can often be a mile or so between the camera and the start of the dual sections. IME, and I’ve driven the a9 a fair bit in the last couple of months, drivers are really pushing it in these sections rather than wait a little longer for the dualled stretches.

Northwind

Even for the road of stupid, that sounds particularily idiotic. “ZOMFG we’re almost at the dual carriageway must overtake!”

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘A9 – first fatal accident in a single carriageway section’ is closed to new replies.