Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • A70 – Roadie girls in edinburgh out today?
  • dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

I passed a group of 3 women riders this morning, out on the A70. I’m interested in some company for road rides and wondered if anyone knew them / are they part of a club?

lightman
    Free Member

Ask on here about girlie rides.
    I think we have around 90 female members, so it a good chance that some were from the club.

If you look in FAQs, you’ll get an idea of the regular mixed rides that take place.
    Also, feel free to join the club if you want!

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

i’d like to join some of the rides, but the long list of FAQs / do’s / dont’s is a bit off putting.

lightman
    Free Member

Dont worry about all the do’s & dont’s.

Most of it is just common sense, its just really there to help total novices, which i doubt you are.
    Just pick a ride that you think is at your level and go along and see how it goes.
    It you dont fancy that, then put a msg up on the message board and ask about any other runs that people are going out on.
    The saturday runs are the most popular and you can sometimes get 50+ riders on one run, but if this happens then the group will get split up latter.

It can be a bit daunting at first (we’ve all be there), but after a few runs you’ll get the hang of it.
    Feel free to email me if you need to, in profile

jojoA1
    Free Member

DGOARB, ask Handz over the road whether he would ‘chum’ you on one of the ERC group rides and introduce you to a few people, he seems to know everyone :). I went out a few weekends ago with him to ‘hold my hand’ as I didn’t want to go out with our local road club for the first time as a novice to group riding.

druidh
    Free Member

dgoarb – you have mail…..

radoggair
    Free Member

Grrrr, was on the A70 riding myself day before yesterday and day before that. Why oh why do i miss this. Girls who ride, a bit like a dream i had 😆

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

lightman – ygm.

jo, yes, i did wonder about that. i don’t think i’m so much worried about the group riding, its my lack of fitness after my cold and i’m worried about being slow!

druidh, can’t check my emails from here, will check at home.

druidh
    Free Member

dirtygirlonabike – Member
    its my lack of fitness after my cold and i’m worried about being slow!

Ha ha ha ha ha!

Methinks your definition of “slow” is somewhat removed from mine 😳

Mail is through FB btw

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘A70 – Roadie girls in edinburgh out today?’ is closed to new replies.