Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • A617 Nottingham – Kirklington to Mansfield
  • XTC_Simon
    Free Member

Does anybody cycle this section of the A617 in Nottingham as I am wanting to start to cycle to work but this road worries me for the danger of it.
    So if you have any experience of this road please let me know your thoughts.
    Cheers
    Simon

ebygomm
    Free Member

There’s a good pavement cycle path that runs from rainworth to mansfield. I don’t think the bit before that would be very pleasant. Lots of heavy traffic, road not that wide.

Megatron

Follow the Southwell trail from Kirklington to the White post roundabout or as far as you can past Farnsfield, then there must be some way of getting to the bit from Rainworth without too much traffic. You could cut across the Hexgreave estate for a bit?

or, follow the minor roads through (or trail to) Bilsthorpe, then through Sherwood pines?

That bit of the A617 is not something I would like to experience too much on a bike. Having said that I do see people riding it, just not at commuter o’clock.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Simon, if you’re looking for a way to ride to work, assuming you’re still in Bilsthorpe? Give me a ring & I’ll sort a route for you, shouldn’t be much of a problem.
    Cheers
    Dave

XTC_Simon
    Free Member

I was maybe thinking of the Southwell trail. It’s only to Bilsthorpe that I actually need to go. Was thinking doing the Southwell trail all the way to Farnsfield then up Broomfield Lane and just do the shortest section of the A617 from that to Kirklington Road heading to Bilsthorpe

XTC_Simon
    Free Member

I’ll give you a ring tomorrow if that’s alright Dave, cheers.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

No problem mate, there are a couple of ways round it. I used to live in Bilsthorpe so know most of the routes.

reedspeed
    Free Member

Mtb or rd bike?, isn’t there a trail from behind the limes cafe on the 614 straight into Mansfield?, you’d miss rainworth etc then!.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘A617 Nottingham – Kirklington to Mansfield’ is closed to new replies.